iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

c6 treefarmer

Started by coxy, October 22, 2013, 05:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

are they any good   has a 453 in it   are parts easy to get 

HiTech

The 453 will be noisy. The C6 is a big chunk of iron. Some had 18.4 x 34 tires which I feel are to small for this machine...I should say to narrow. 23.1 x 26 would be better or a wide tire of some kind. They will pull. They are in the 640 John Deere class. Parts are still accessible. Depending on transmission...power shift or manual...they should be economical to repair compared to a Deere.

loggah

The early ones with the Cotta transfer case are tough to find transfer case parts. The later ones with the steel welded transfer case not so bad, there are plenty of aftermarket parts for these machines.If you get a long frame ,later model 83 and up 23.1 x 26 tires dont give you much ground clearance, i had 24.5 x 32 rubber on my 1986 C6 long frame i had ,i had a Deutz  engine in mine made it nice and quiet compared to a 4-53. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

HiTech

You can't beat a Deutz. Quiet, sip fuel, and have low rpm lugging ability. If the engine in my C4 ever goes up I will have a 4 cylinder Deutz in it.

coxy

I did a drive by yesterday it look to be in good shape have to meet the guy next Friday  is there any thing to look for as far as cracks  in frame   is the tranny the 540  like the older jacks  and what is different with the cancar winch then the gearmatic    thanks for all the info   

loggah

What year is it??Look at where the winch bolts on for cracks in the frame , check how loose center pins ,front cradle pins ,and pins in the steering cylinder ends.Make sure the wheel seals aren't leaking, the cancar 20 winch is basically a copy of a gearmatic,except the parts will not interchange. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

ga jones

When I ordered parts for my cotta transfercase from Davco. He told me he could get any part for cotta. Including shafts and gears.davco has everything for tree farmer pre franklin.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Ed_K

You can go direct to cota trans.I got a blueprint of my transfer case from Gene Hinz there.I have the phone # somewhere.
Ed K

rfm7fxfox

I second davco. We have a C5 with the cotta, they have or can get everything you'd ever need. Just ordered brake shoed from them got em next day.. great company if you own a tree farmer..
Dolmar 7900, Ported Dolmar 7910, Ported Johnsered 2172, J-Red 2186, Ported Husky 385, Ported J-Red 2258,Tree Farmer C5D,Timberjack 460 D.A. Grapple, 2015 KMC 2500 Grapple Track Skidder and 2005 Peterbilt 379 Logtruck

loggah

I did business with Mario at Davco for years, they are great people to deal with !! they also sell the best skidder chains ive ever used Pedno's.

coxy

loggah never heard of pednos do you have pic of them  thanks for all the info guys

loggah

you can google Pedno chains made in Canada, Mario used to own canadian chain in skowhegan Me also.
heres a link
http://www.brandlinx.org/pedno.html

Thank You Sponsors!