Sponsors:

Sunbelt Ag Exposition Moultrie, Ga. 2004

Started by Tom, July 17, 2004, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Sunbelt Agricultural Exposition
Moultrie, Georgia
October 19-21, 2004

I sure hope that those who congregated here last year can make it again this year  We had a good time.

The Second day, Oct. 20th, is usually the best day.  The first day, many are still setting up.  The last day, many exhibitors are tearing down early (even though they aren't supposed to)

I plan to arrive the 19th and stay through the 20th.  If funds and schedule hold out I may even stay the third day. That's probably a stretch though.

Those who attend, we need to meet and visit again by late morning.  We should all try to go to lunch together at the Amish resturant, about $10.  Pairing off to visit the show is definitely allowed ;D  although perusing  enmase would be quite a spectacle. :D

I have a suggestion for a tentative meeting place.  Since Peterson Saws will be exhibiting as a company for the first time there, why don't we use them as the point of congregation.  We will be in the area of the other sponsors too so nobody should feel slighted.  Do you think that Teddles can stand the rowdiness? :D

Fla._Deadheader

Definitely going again.  8) 8)

Can you remember the motel we stayed at last year???  Might wanna get reserved room, so we don't go through the hassles of last year ??? ;D

Gotta get up close to that Petersen ASM  8) 8) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Bibbyman

Sure the same motel well let y-all in again?   :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

They'll let me in.  I'm not so sure about Harold and Edward.  The woman clerk wouldn't let Edward and Harold stay in the same room. ??? :D :D

The real question is whether Shoney's will let us eat in their resurant again.  We put a hurtin' on their Grits Bar.   ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Mmmmmmmmm, them was goooood Grits. ;D ;) ;) ;)

We never got evicted, so, I don't see why we can't stay there again ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Bibbyman

At least you won't have to bring your own grits!  

'Sapose the State Highway P-trole north of the Masson-Dixon line got grits sniffin' dowg ? ???

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

Yep!   Any dog worth his salt will be sniffin out grits. They don't know that they aren't supposed to like'em and would probably eat up all my grits. :D

DanG

It is barely more than a month till the big show, now. Seems like we oughta engage in some serious chit-chat about it in hopes of getting some more folks interested in joining us there.
I plan to be there, hopefully for at least 2 of the 3 days, and maybe all 3. Of course, I may have to scale that back to one day due to the storm situation and my own financial outlook. I'm expecting a check in the mail on Oct 1 that should put that last part back on track. But, I was expecting that same check on Sept 1, too. If it don't make it this time, I may hafta hitchhike. :-/
Looks like we're going to have a good turnout of FF sponsors and participants there. I really look forward to meeting some of them. We also have several new members since last year that are within driving range. How 'bout it, guys? :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Is it any closer to Tom's than to Moultrie ??? We got this BIG truck now, with a back seat and LEG ROOM. Gotta get some logging and sawing done so we can make it. Tom and I are going up one day, maybe next week and reserve rooms. I just gotta play with them Peterson's.  8) :D :D

We SHOULD be able to get at least 10 members to show up. It isn't all that far for a LOT of the members. I'm gonna try to remember to take a bag of grits for Hammond. He should be converted by the time he goes back down under. ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

Naw, Tom's place is about 200 miles and Moultrie is about 80 from here. Y'all oughta swing over this way while you're so close. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Captain

Hey fellas, what is the closest AIRPORT to Moultrie??

Captain

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Atlanta might be about the same mileage if you are looking for an international flight.  Lots more auto traffic though. It's been said that "you have to go through Atlanta to get to Hell!"  It's the hub of the Southeast.

Jacksonville is a full service International Airport too, but smaller and fewer flights.  Auto traffic is minimum.

If you're flying your own private jet, ;D  , The Moultrie show is next door to the Moultrie Airport. 8)

DanG

Captain, it depends on what type of service you need. If you're just gonna fly in on an airliner and rent a car, Atlanta, Jacksonville or Tallahassee would fill the bill. If you're arriving on a private flight, just come in to Moultrie. The Expo is held at Spence Field, a retired AFB. It also serves as Moultrie's municipal Airport and industrial park. It's about a 15 minute walk from the flight line to the sawmill displays.

OneWithWood

I was hoping to make it down to meet all you southern sawyers but recent events ( non-hurricane) have conspired to keep me home this fall.  Maybe next year . . . :(
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Fla._Deadheader

Well Shoot, OWW. It would have been good to meet up with ya. ::)  Ya REAL sure ya can't make it ???  ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

OneWithWood

Yeah, Fla, I am REAL sure I can't make it.  But you all ain't off the hook - I'll get down there sometime  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

billbobtlh

Tom

We hope you make it too.  Want to meet you.

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

rbarshaw

I was planning to be there till I found out it's in the middle of the week, I could take off from work but Linda can't take off from teaching as no subs are available, and I would like to take her to see if any interest could develop. According to yahoo maps it's a 7 hour drive. Wish there were a show closer to me, But i would like to meet all of you.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Fla._Deadheader

Both Ed and I have already told our bosses that we are making the show. Got no argument, either. ;D ;D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

rbarshaw

I am going to be there. 8) I plan on arriving tuesday afternoon, staying all day wednesday, and leaving wednesday evening.
  Does this place have an address so I can find it on yahoo maps. Any of you that have been there before know of a good place to stay?
   I'm really looking forward to this. It looks like Linda won't beable to come along tho'.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

DanG

That's great news, Rbarshaw! 8)  I'm glad you'll be able to make it. Too bad your Linda can't be there, but my Linda can't make it either. :-/

Accomodations are sparse in the Moultrie area, and the show is huge, so finding a room right there is out of the question. Tom and Harold are staying down at Valdosta. I'm sure they'll chime in here with the location.

Just a couple of tips:  Come prepared for any type of weather. I've been there when it was cold and windy, and other times it is really hot. October weather in S. Ga. is very fickle.  Wear some very comfy shoes. You WILL do a lot of walking. Travel light, but bring a camera. Use a fanny pack or knapsack to keep your goodies in. You want your hands to be free to "handle the merchandise." ;D  I suggest you approach the Expo grounds on hwy 33 from downtown Moultrie. I've tried it from all angles and have found this to be the least stressfull. Expect to creep along in traffic for 30 min to an hour just waiting to get parked. Check out the website  www.sunbeltexpo.com  for the location and other details.

I look forward to seeing you there. I will be there each afternoon, as I will be hauling in logs for the Peterson folks to saw each day.  The FF bunch will be checking in at the Peterson/Logrite booth.  BTW, the approach from downtown has you entering at the gate right next to the sawmill area. :)

Fla._Deadheader

That's good news. Good to have another FF member to meet.

I will have to defer to Tom to give the info. I have been there 1 time and I was riding with Tom ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!