iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newer Loaders.

Started by BargeMonkey, May 03, 2014, 08:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Im real happy with my Barko 160A, but I see that as I keep growing im going to out grow that loader pretty quick. Wondering if anyone on here has run or owns a newer Deere or Prentice loader. Been looking around and see alot of 280's, 384's and 437's. I dont need a monster but planning on adding another skidder, and a stripper delimber for doing the small hemlock I get into. Just wondering, a fool and his money are soon parted so trying to get an idea before I go shopping.

CTL logger

The company I contract log for has both Prentice and Deere a 410EX and 437D both self propelled models the Deere is 10 times smoother than the Prentice and the operators prefer the Deere.

Brleclaire

Prentice was bought out by cat so even if you get a used machine your paying cat prices for parts. Well John Deere parts aren't cheap either. Oh well I guess you are right about a fool and his money

loggah

Just buy a big old hood 24000 and be done with it. No computers!!! ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Firewoodjoe

It's not the brand you mentioned but We have a new barko 295 magnum. 1200 hours now. Finally got the full time operator out of it and I ran it yesterday and today. I like it. Smooth and comfy. I realy like the rotobec bucket and all functions are on the two joystick via buttons. And u can run all functions at the same time and no speed up or slow down in the other functions.

BargeMonkey

Ive got a 160 barko and like it, just at somepoint I can see buying a newer one, if I add another skidder. 2 guys and only a couple loads a week I cant justify a new 437D.

Firewoodjoe

I hear you. That 295 was $205,000 I believe. Started at $280,000 and they didn't want to take it home from the logging show so they dropped the price till the boss said ok :)

BargeMonkey

Ive been looking for something in the 40-60k range. Delk seems to get some decent lower hour loaders in there, now with the grapple I see a stripper delimber coming.

treeslayer2003

any of you ever see a loader with a pic of a bee on it? i think a hornet.........big loader with a live heel.

Thank You Sponsors!