iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help from one of the Russian friends

Started by Gilman, March 13, 2006, 11:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilman

My cousin has a ZTS 4 X 4 offroad forklift I can have if I can fix the worn out clutch.  I forgot to take pictures.  :( The problem is that I can't find parts for it, or find out if there is a North American distributor.

The company is:
Zavody Tazkeho Strojarstva
haredny podnik
Dubnica nad Vohom
Czechoslovakia

Type: N09-031
S/N: 0429

If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

jrokusek

Don't know anything about the company, but I can tell you that as of 1993 the one country is now two countries:   Czech Republic and Slovakia.  From a google search I was able to deduce that the Zavody Tazkeho Strojarstva company is on the Slovak Republic side.  Without learning the Slovak (or possibly Hungarian), this is all I can tell you:

Gilman

Thanks Jrokusek.

Darn, tried the # and I get the message, "cannot completed as dialed."  I dialed the 011 to start too.  :(

Corley5

You may be able to have the clutch rebuilt locally.  Ask about a rebuilder at a NAPA or Car Quest. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ianab

You could try an outfit like this.
The reckon they can rebuild almost anything clutch related?

http://www.fortwayneclutch.com/index.html

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Gilman

Thanks,
I'll look into what Portland has for clutch rebuilders.  I would like to find the factory still in case a transimission or something goes out.

The other problem with the lift is the starter ring gear.

Somebody replaced the starter with one close, but not exact.  The starter pinion gear doesn't quite match up with the ring gear.  I thought I could search around for a similar size ring gear and turn it to fit the clutch plate, then use spacers to fit the corresponding starter.

I could flip the current ring gear over too, but I still wouldn't have a matching starter pinion gear.

UNCLEBUCK

I can rebuild that clutch but I first off must learn the favorite dance and be provided drink of  country of which you speak before I will even get out  Big Forum Hammer and attempt repair  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!