iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frown turned upside down

Started by SW_IOWA_SAWYER, March 07, 2012, 12:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW_IOWA_SAWYER

I don't post here often although I enjoy reading about all of your adventures. I run a manual Norwood mill as a side job/hobby. The mill is all manual so I use the crap out of my cant hooks. I was cutting some big red oak two weeks ago and decided my two cant hooks were getting long in the tooth. They arrived when I bought the mill, and don't get me wrong, I love them and they served me faithfully. I cut the first one in half when I was first sawing I had set it on the rail and cut right thru it. The second one I split the handle using it for a leverage at some point. I broke the cant tip on shorty at some point. I decided I needed something new so I shopped around and after hearing good things about Logrite I ordered one via Amazon. I ordered the 5' cant hook, it came from Bailey's and, I was very excited waiting for it to arrive. It did, and when I opened the box I was surprised to see a 5' Logrite peavy. I was sure Amazon has screwed up but NOPE I screwed up when I ordered it. I firmly believe that when you screw up you live with and deal with it yourself. I decided to contact Logrite and see if i could buy a new tip or just order another cant hook. I spoke to a very friendly and helpful lady, (Tammy?) I explained my error and asked if the tip could be replaced and how much would it cost. The tip could be replaced but isn't designed to be interchangeable, I said I noticed they were a sponsor here and I was a member. We visited for a few minutes and she said she would send me the cant hook tip at no charge if I would just return the peavey tip. I was very impressed by that, I didn't ask for that, or expect it, I screwed up and was willing to pay for my own mistake. I got the new tip last night and will change it out today and send it back as promised. I just wanted to say Thanks to Logrite for making my day, I will use my new hook and probably buy a second and finally retire my old ones to the corner by my mill so they can keep an eye on things they deserve the rest! Thanks again to Logrite for making my day!!!

I owe I owe so its off to work I go....

Chuck White

I think that we can expect any of the Forestry Forum sponsors to be very much like Tammy was with you.

It's great that we have sponsors that we can all do business with and they are willing and able to go out of their way to support us in doing what we do.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!