iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Morels

Started by indiaxman1, April 12, 2010, 08:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indiaxman1

Any of you boys doing any good schrooming?   Struck out so far...don't know if weird weather or my age is responsible...around here the cut off is Derby (lst
Sat in May)....have found some nice wild asparagus patches...miss those morels though

wesdor

I think we are still a few days away here in  western Illinois.  Got to 80 degrees today and same is predicted for tomorrow.  Might be about time to start looking.

I always use the Lilacs as a predictor.  When they start to blossom the yellows are usually out.  Our lilacs are really tight and look to be at least a week away from blooming.

Can't wait to find some morels. Best eating of the year.

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm just back from 5 days at the tree farms. We had Morels for breakfast lunch and dinner. I beleive the season is over in WV now and that's fine with me. I like finding them and cooking with them but enough is just about enough, and I'v had just about enough :)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

OneWithWood

been fairly slim pickens here.  Linnea found one black a week ago.  Usually we are tripping over them by now.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Ron Scott

They've been slow here so far and I don't see many out picking yet. Picking should get better this week.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!