iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Email notifications not working

Started by woodsy, August 27, 2011, 07:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Quote from: Jeff on October 31, 2011, 07:03:00 PM
Bill, here is your problem.  Spam Arrest

QuoteBill Schultz here,

I'm protecting myself from receiving junk mail.

Please click the link below to complete the verification process.
You have to do this only once.

Then, once you get there, you have to enter code to finish up. The forum software has no way to "click the link" or "enter the code"  :) 

You will need to login to your Spam Arrest account and add to the trusted emails, noreply@forestryforum.com and admins@forestryforum.com and that should take care of it.

I don't think that is the problem as I approved that address on November 21st 2006  which should be close to when I joined.

This is the last notification I received

Topic reply: Deer watching
The Forestry Forum <noreply@forestryforum.com>
Wed 10/19/2011 2:14 PM
bill@fiainspectors.com

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by beenthere.

View the reply at: https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=36352.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here: https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=notify;topic=36352.0

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

Regards,
The The Forestry Forum Team.
This is a system email generated by the Forestry Forum. If you reply to this email, it will not reach it's intended recipient. noreply@forestryforum.com

Prior to this I received many each day including new posts, replies, PM's etc. My tech guy says nothings changed on this end.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Jeff

hmmmm....

Well,  I guess I'll be looking deeper when I get home. I know I've changed nothing since that time period.  Is anyone getting notifications?  Registration must be working as we are getting new members yet.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

I just got my first one since the below mention date titled "There It Goes"
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

beenthere

I turned that feature off as it was more nuisance than benefit. But then I usually check in often (prolly too often but can't help it  ;D )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodsy

This is my first notification of any sort in about 2 weeks.  In fact I was just getting ready to post about notifications not working for my account but I guess they are working now.  Thanks for fixing the problem.
LT40HDG38, Logrite T36 log arch, 42 hp Kubota, 6 foot cross cut saw, lots of axes and not enough time

Jeff

Ok, good.  I went in and changed the port for outgoing mail on the server. Maybe some ISP's were blocking it. I don't know, but hopefully this was the fix.

Raider Bill

I'd say that was it as they are coming in now.

SwampDonkey

I received my first one around 6:00 pm local time. Musta worked.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

If this happens again Jeff, let's check the mail logs on the server and the /var/log/messages log file for clues as to what was happening.

Jeff

All I did was switch the forum's smtp connection from port 25 to 587

ronwood

Jeff,
Wondering if there could be a firewall issue with your provider or on your server. Does the server run iptables and if so have you look at it?  On all my servers I do a deny all input and output and have to define each input and output port that is allowed to pass in either direction. Would be surprised what you stop that you did not know about.  Also is there  an application firewall that could be causing a issue.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Warbird

Jeff, as you know I've got a lot going on right now.  I would have some time late next week to analyze the server, should this become an issue again.  Ron's suggestions are very good things to take a look at.

Corley5

It's working  8) 8) 8)  Thanks Jeff :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WDH

Whatever you did was good!  I am back in the loop again.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com