iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scored at a local auction today

Started by DR Buck, September 28, 2013, 10:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

Our local livestock exchange does an equipment consignment auction twice a year.  I almost never miss it but I did miss the spring auction.  So today i made up for it.    I got a nice clean Husky 350 for $45, a decent Husky 141 for $35, Husky 350 'parts' saw for $5, and a Husky 55 Rancher 'parts' saw for $11.    8)

I also picked up a few other things and a couple of $1 box lots.  :)

It was a good day.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

justallan1

I really like auctions and have done quite well in the past, but around here they are really having too much fun and end up paying brand new price on stuff.

Allan

OneWithWood

I hope you have a Stihl to cut wood with  :D ;D :laugh:
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

moosehunter

Carefull OWW, you'll get sent to the chainsaw board!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

WDH

You don't want to be banished there, it is a dark place. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

There's a fine line between the Chainsaw Board and the Woodshed.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Magicman

I hope that Jeff's saw is not in there.  He will never get it back.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

1woodguy

I like the auctions sometimes get super deals sometimes end up over paying or buying more stuff to store :D
Most of what I have been grabbing lately is off craigs list
and online garage sales near by(I toss out a low offer and end up with most) or say what I want  and someone usually has it
   We had our local around the lake yard sale last week
I usually grab tools andbuilding supply's seem to always need more
   What doesn't get used gets stolen or broken by me or help :D :D

Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

Ljohnsaw

Scored on CraigsList today - had to take it all but I think it was worth it!

1/2 gallon of bar oil, a gallon of Berryman's brake cleaner, 2 good shovels, a bunch of 3/4" PVC fittings (actually useful ones!), pipe and sprinklers, a 12lb sledge hammer (on a very short handle that I could barely get my hand around), a nice pick axe head, a box of auto body tools for bondo work (including a dent puller), a box of tile setting tools and lots of grout and thin set, a BUNCH of cans of galvi nails, a selection of vacuum and gas line (new, short sections), assorted bolts and other useful hardware, one of those 1 foot square metal things with a handle on the bottom for doing plaster or stucco work (mason's pallet?), some assorted paint and an umbrella stand.  There was some other stuff and a few things to toss in the garbage.

I was about to by some bar oil, I've always wanted a dent puller, I've got tile to set, I will be needing to put a sealing coat on my ICF next year (that square thingy) and I will need to support an umbrella when I'm cutting my timber joints so I have shade.  The hardware and PVC was absorbed into my extensive collection in my shop.  I rarely need to go to the hardware store for something to do little projects.

Yea, CL!
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

bill m

The square metal thing with the handle on the bottom is called a hawk.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

justallan1

Ljohnsaw, do you ever go to Denio's flea market? I see you live real close to it.

Allan

Ljohnsaw

Bill M - thanks for the name.  Is it just a hawk or a "mortar hawk"?  It is a really nice one with a thick foam pad for your knuckles.

justallan1 - Yes, when I moved back to California in 1979, it was awesome.  Now they rearranged the vendors.  You have to hunt for the garage sale people stuck between the new-stuff vendors so you have to do a LOT more walking.  I've got too much crap good stuff to go there anymore ::)  When was the last time you were there?  They probably have 20+ acres of "stuff" for sale now every weekend but could put all the good stuff on about 1 or 2 acres.  I used to work just south-west of them over the bridge.
John Sawicky

clearcut

Sounds like a good haul ljohnsaw.

Thinset and grout have portland cement which can react to moisture in the air. They should be used within about a year of manufacture. I would toss them rather than trying to save a few bucks.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

bill m

It is just called a hawk although sometimes I will refer to it as a drywall hawk when talking to someone who might not know what it is.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: clearcut on December 23, 2013, 12:46:20 PM
Sounds like a good haul ljohnsaw.

Thinset and grout have portland cement which can react to moisture in the air. They should be used within about a year of manufacture. I would toss them rather than trying to save a few bucks.

Fortunately for me, we don't got no moisture in the air out here  ;)  I've had redimix bags laying around for 5 to 10 years and it is still loose.  As long as I keep it up off of concrete floors, it does not harden up.  But, I typically use it for things like setting fence posts - hate to buy $3.00 bags to just pour in the ground.  Almost as bad as pouring money into a hole in the water (i.e. - a boat)  :D :D
John Sawicky

justallan1

I was out there about 10 years ago when they had all of the garage sale stuff out in the parking lot. I live at the corner of Roseville Rd and Watt Avenue in North Highlands.
I was born in Nevada City California, so always check on the Northern California folks.

Allan

Thank You Sponsors!