iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What year is my Garrett 15

Started by Moose@2, February 01, 2022, 02:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose@2

I am a new member and have just purchased an old Garrett 15 and I don't know what year it is and my computer will not cooperate in helping me find out. I have the original parts book that has the serial number in it. 25103516 Model No. 15 Garrett Tree Farmer. Any help?
Glenn (pat) Robinson

Kodiakmac

Welcome aboard!

I've done some web searches because I'm just about as curious as you are. No luck so far.   I'll keep digging.  

Where was it made?  Fort William (Thunder Bay)?

Also, try to re-post your question in the "Forestry and Logging " section.  I think you'll get more responses there.  Good luck! :)
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Kodiakmac

Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

tacks Y

Sorry no idea. But welcome to the FF.

C5C Tree Farmer

Your parts book should have a print date...usually on the front or back covers somewhere. It will be a month and year code like 10-59 or something similar. If it's there it will give you a year range to start with.
I have seen Tree Farmer C5B's listed as early as 1964 models. I would guess that your Garrett would be older than the Tree Farmer "B" series.
Late 50's early 60's?

Gary Davis

Pics please  I was told mine was  made in 1964 but I dont know where the sn number is . 

Kodiakmac

Google: 
Forestry forum Garrett Enumclaw.  Click the top link.  That will take you to a thread posted on this site back on 13 July 2021 by a member of the Garrett family.  The thread is about Garrett skidders.

At some point in the comments he lists an email and a phone number he could be contacted at.  I don't know if either is still active, but you have nothing to lose.   

Moose@2

Thanks to everyone for your reply's I will post some pics. I found no date on any of my books. I think my 15 is probably about a 1960 give or take a couple of years but just curious.
Glenn (pat) Robinson

gearb

Hello, I have a Model 15 with a serial #25103520. the casting numbers on the engine block are from 1962-1965.

Ron Scott

The original model Garrett Tree Farmer was introduced in 1958 and it became established in 1960. By the late 1980's Garrett was gone.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!