iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS260

Started by uffda, February 20, 2020, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uffda

Stihl MS260 had excessive bar oil.  I tried to adjust the oil pump but no adjustment screw.  I took the clutch out and found that there is no adjustment on the oil pump.  I looked up parts diagram for this saw and I find that all oil pumps have an adjustment screw.  Whats the deal?? :-\

lxskllr

Looking at the manual, an adjuster appears to be optional. If you've looked where it typically is, I'm guessing you don't have that option.

uffda

I looked on Ebay and found only one that didn't have an adjustment screw.  It was plastic and had to order from Germany for $48 plus dollars.  Sounds ridiculous not to have an adjustment screw.

lxskllr

Perhaps you can fit an adjustable oiler to your saw. I'd be surprised if they made different chassis for the options. If there's a useless hole in the bottom, or some kind of knockout, I'm guessing an adjustable oiler will fit right in. I'm only guessing though. Perhaps someone with first hand knowledge can confirm?

sablatnic

It is possible to install an adjustable pump. You'll need pump, clutch drum and the pump drive / worm.
I wouldn't do it.

uffda

I want to go ahead and replace the old version oil pump (no adjustment) with the new version.  Is there an aftermarket brand that is better than others.  The part # is 1121 007 1043. There are all sorts of them on Amazon and Ebay. :-\

sablatnic

Is the number just the pump or is it a conversion kit?

Mad Professor

The 026/260 pizz out oil when you leave them idling for any time as the pump is crank, no clutch driven.

Is this what OP is seeing as "excessive oil"

uffda

The 1121 007 1043 is the conversion kit.

Thank You Sponsors!