iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shaper Insert heads

Started by NateF350, September 13, 2019, 09:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NateF350

I have a bunch of flooring and different types of paneling to make. I have a 5hp shaper and a few sets of freeborn cutters for cabinet doors but I need some T&G flooring cutters soon. I was going to go with insert heads since I need different profiles. What's some decent cutters for the money with good options for the inserts?

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

NateF350

I have 3/4" and 1".  I have no problem buying an 1 1/4" or bushing down to 1" since I got it. I feel there at more options for 3/4" but idk if I should step up to the 1" or 1 1/4" because of the size of the insert heads. 

jlkunka

Woodworkers Tool Works. I bought a 4" 60 degree serrated back 4 knife cutterhead, which runs 2 knives just fine. The knives are cheap and they can duplicate any profile. Talk to Bobby Knourek.

scsmith42

I've had excellent results with W.M. Moore Profiles.  Very knowledgeable and they can sell you a product that will also work in a moulder, should you ever decide to upgrade.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

tule peak timber

I went with Garniga from Rangate tooling and never looked back.I'm running some wall panel from a 1920's house this next week with weird dimensions and the flexibility of the tooling allows me to do things other shops cannot. Short of a Weinig and a knife grinder ----I'm pretty happy.
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

PAmizerman

My dad got one from Amana tools.
It is 3/4 inch. It works great. He has a logosol molder and the knives from it work in the head. I believe logosol has since been bought out by woodmizer.

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

NateF350

Thanks guys, calling around today. It's been a busy week and I haven't had time to chase anything down.  

Thank You Sponsors!