Sponsors:

Lost for words...

Started by Ianab, December 02, 2012, 08:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

It even has a Christmas bow on it.

Thankyou very much guys   8)

Now, to find some logs...  cut_tree
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

shelbycharger400

Looks like even the kid wants to play  :D

sawguy21

;D Looks like you and the new off bearer are gonna be busy. Congratulations. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

clww

Ian- Is this the prototype you were testing?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

DR Buck

If I read the picture correctly and relate it to your post about testing a new mill, I'm guessing that there is a Santa Clause and his name is Peterson.  8) smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce   

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

isawlogs

I am sure the quest for logs will not last long.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

That's what Peterson was talking about. Someone "got" an early Christmas present. I have logs.  :D  Looks like someone wants a turn at it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

Quote from: thecfarm on December 02, 2012, 08:33:41 PM
That's what Peterson was talking about. Someone "got" an early Christmas present. I have logs.  :D  Looks like someone wants a turn at it.  ;D

You are almost exactly as far away from him as you could be without leaving the earth, cfarm!  :D

But Ian's new mill is smaller than the other Peterson mills, this one could be called "travel size."  ;D So, he can put it in the overhead compartment on the airplane and bring it with him when he comes to visit you!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

mad murdock

Merry Christmas! I want some of that Christmas cheer! Will have to work on it for next year 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

thecfarm

What's a 24 hour plane trip between friends?
Isn't there a thread started,Portable,How Far Would You travel?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ianab

Quote from: clww on December 02, 2012, 08:21:11 PM
Ian- Is this the prototype you were testing?

Yes, it's prototype Junior Mill, mine to keep  8)

Even has a brand new engine, apparently there was a factory recall on the original, and they supplied a brand new unit.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Okrafarmer

Well ain't that something! You're a special guy, Ian!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

SwampDonkey

I need one worst than he does.   :'(

:D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

T Welsh

Ianab, Good things happen to good people ;). Tim

Ernie

Congrats Ian, Merry Christmas.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Busy Beaver Lumber

Nice Christmas gift Ian

If they want to give another one away, I can give you my address and will provide feedback to them once it run some logs through it.

By the way, why did they ever discontinue the little electric swingmill they once offered. I thought that was a nice looking setup and wanted to pick one of them up. Very portable little unit.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Ianab

QuoteBy the way, why did they ever discontinue the little electric swingmill they once offered. I thought that was a nice looking setup and wanted to pick one of them up. Very portable little unit.

It was just a bit too small I think...  It worked perfectly fine, but it was only as portable as the extension cord would allow. Also needed more power than a standard domestic outlet could supply. So despite it's light weight, if you left home, it wan't so much use....

The Junior is a bigger unit. 6" cut. gas powered, with a gearbox etc. Basically a scaled down WPF. and built in steel rather than aluminium / stainless to cut costs.

Ian

scsmith42

Ian, congrats on the new toyl!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!