iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Wonderful Question

Started by Magicman, September 30, 2023, 09:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

From an Inquiring Mind.  :)

The afternoon Marty and I were sitting on his patio talking when his youngest Grandson walked up to me.  First he gave me a hug and then he squared up and looking me in the eye asked;  Pop, are you old?  I immediately answered my 4 year old Great-Grandson; yes Cooper, I am old.  I was honored that he asked and I was honored to answer.  He was satisfied and went back to playing.

This inquiring mind was sorting things out.  Marty is his Dad's Dad and I am Marty's Dad so....  Of course the white hair helped.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

It's nice to get older. Lots of folks don't get to. Twice as nice to get to spend some of that time with the grands.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

I never knew all of my Grandparents, (deceased before I was born.), and certainly all of the Great-Grands were gone.

No question about it, we are very fortunate as most of our Great-Grands are old enough to know who we are and remember.  The experience yesterday describes how at least one of them will remember.....old.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

B.C.C. Lapp

I was blessed to live near and know my great grandfather well. He lived to be 101 years old.   I was 10 or 11 when he passed.   I helped him in his garden and played on his porch. He would sit with me and drink beer out of long neck brown bottles.   He had a full head of hair and was part Cree, born in I believe 1874.   To say that he had great stories to tell and was one of my favorite people would fall short of how I felt about the man.
Like Randy Travis said in his song, "I thought he walked on water."
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

firefighter ontheside

I just heard that song yesterday.  I've known that song my whole life, but not until yesterday did I realize he was talking about his great grandpa and not his grandpa.  My one great grandpa was gone 50 years before I was born.  That's a story for another day.  My other one died when I was a baby I think, so I don't remember him.  I do remember one of my great grandmas.  She lived until I was 22 years old and I remember her fondly.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

SwampDonkey

My aunt had 18 great grandchildren, and 2 great great grandchildren. She passed away this spring at age 93. My uncle passed away in 2008, dad's brother.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WV Sawmiller

I guess if my grandkids asked me if I was old I'd have to tell them:

"No, I'm not old but all the rest of the people my age sure are and your grandma is". :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!