BIG logs in this cabin !

Started by sprucebunny, January 02, 2005, 04:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

Pinedale Wyoming
Sorry it's small

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

DanG

Yep! I'd say them are some big logs, or that place was built for shawt people! :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sandmar

WOW Joan! I could go for a whack o those logs...you know what kind they are?

Sandmar

sprucebunny

Sorry...I don't know what kind they are.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Timber_Framer

Those are nice! That's what kind they are ;D
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

isawlogs

They are big logs ,  but I would never use a log like the one in front below the window ..... One full spiral on that log ... just would not do for any log house I work on ......
  Any house where there are only  4 rounds of logs you know that they are huge ... :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Minnesota_boy

Sandmar,
Since the house is in Pinedale Wy, those logs are likely to be Ponderosa pine.  Ponderosa grow pretty well on the dry side of the Rockys and at the altitude that you would find around Pinedale.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

bighoss550

Quote They are big logs ,  but I would never use a log like the one in front below the window ..... One full spiral on that log ... just would not do for any log house I work on ......
  Any house where there are only  4 rounds of logs you know that they are huge ... :)

but its a right hand twister....... as long as it wasnt a green log it wouldnt be too awful, but i dont think id use it either:)

Thank You Sponsors!