iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saving a tractor from the scrap heap

Started by Modat22, June 17, 2008, 10:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modat22

Quote from: mburrow on June 23, 2008, 01:12:27 PM
go to this site https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/launch.php?DealerID=PVA-9SYXB-5VB3&DataSet=001CSIH
model type 350 then search,co down to 350 International utility tractor and click in it,
then click on chassis, then click on 252 chassis,steering gear,for tractors equipped with power steering. it will bring up the diagram and at the bottom you can look up the part#

Thanks Mburrow. After I found the part numbers the doors at the tractor dealers opened. Most of the parts I think I need are still sold  8)
remember man that thy are dust.

Modat22

Just an update. The IH 350 utility lives again, its very strong and runs very well now. I'm currently getting over a back strain from fixing a rusted out rear rim and installing a new inner tube by myself. If the other tire goes I'm paying someone else to fix it  ;)

stonebroke

Modat22

Quote from: stonebroke on July 15, 2008, 04:09:36 PM
How's the TA?

Stonebroke

I'm taking everyones advice and leaving it alone  :D. tractor works great without it.

Warbird

Handy Andy

We had a 660 IH years ago, and didn't use the ta.  They told us it could go out whether you used it or not.  Jim
My name's Jim, I like wood.

lmbeachy

I had a 300 utility back in the 60s with the TA. I used to use it all the time, never had any trouble with it, but the tractor did like gas. The TA system is still used in the IH tractors at tractor pulls, even in the super stock class. It seems to hold up good. Glad you were able to get the oldie running and operating again.
hotfoot

Thank You Sponsors!