iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Step bars for pickup

Started by MrMoo, November 24, 2004, 07:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMoo

Hi Folks,
I am looking at putting step bars on the F250 I got last month. Both the wife and I have short legs and its a pretty high step to get up there.  :)  Ok everyone can stop laughing now just cause I'm a shortlegged critter. Hay at least I'm not one of those hundred leggers. I'd hate see myself with a hundred short legs.  ;D
Anyway I originally thought of getting bars made by Westin but it looks like they don't make them out of stainless steel for the F250 super duty with the regular cab. I feel stainless is needed with the salt they put on the roads here in the winter.
The next brand I was looking at was Daws Better Built. I have been told they make a good product and they have it for my truck in stainless.
I was going to get them a local place but I found a place on the internet called ustruckaccesorieswhse.com that has a good price. It looks like these things just bolt on in existing holes so I figure installation is no problem.
So now finally for my questions. Anyone have bars made by Better Built? Has anyone installed step bars themselves? How did it go? And last has anyone done business with ustruckaccesorieswhse?

Thanks for info provided.
Mike

etat

I bought mine over the internet, (ebay) for my F250.. I think the were Westin.  I don't remember for sure.    I do remember they were stainless, had heavy threads, and new in the box, and lots cheaper than around here.  Got em, opened the box, read the directions, did a bit of head scratching,  and bolted em on.  They been there ever since.  :)

P.S. don't armor-all the threads, specially when they're new.  :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

DonE911

Make your own if thats an option, or design them the way you want and have a local welder do it for you. Take them to the nearest linex or rhino lining shop and have them sprayed.. bolt them on.   They'll last as long as the truck and they will be tailor made to your legs.

customsawyer

Got mine through Cabelo's came in box I opened box installed in about 30 min. been there ever since. They move a little bit when I step my 260lbs on them but they ain't never broke.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!