iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Quote from: btulloh on February 20, 2021, 06:14:22 PMI'm glad you clarified that ffots. Indoor is one thing, and if there are signs and notifications it starts to seem a little more ok. But still a bit concerning without knowing specifics

I'd also want to dig a bit deeper to find out what they are actually spraying. I mean there a "mostly harmless" things like sunshine, soap or alcohol that will destroy the virus. Probably don't want to be spaying those around everywhere though. But who knows, maybe they have found dilute citric acid knocks out the virus, so it's actually a high tech lemon juice dispenser? I haven't dug deeper to find out 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

kantuckid

I'm sharing this comment FYI, and NOT! to discourage anyone from getting vaccinated.

My wife & I got our 2nd doses of the Moderna Covid vaccine on Friday this week at noonish. We then did a Walmart run afterwards since we were in a town and went home, loaded the MULE with our groceries as my house is basically snowed and iced in for regular 4x4 vehicles. FWIW, my neighbor a state cop who's on the road daily has a short flat driveway but isn't using it right now-yep it's bad ice wise. 
The night of our vaccinations we both experienced fever and body aches. In my own case I barely slept as I was unable to find any position that allowed me to sleep. I almost never have headaches but had a whing dinger along with much joint pain and general weakness. Neat day on Saturday a.m. I had 101 fever and spent over half of yeasterday in a chair reading or sleeping. By mid-afternoon I had an appetite back and slept normal last note. 
My wife's experience was milder(she is 5.5 yrs younger and doesn't have the arthritis that I have) and she felt better pretty quickly. After our first shots we barely noticed any after effects. The nurse who gave the shots to us both at the same time & room said the dose is identical to the first one. 
My purpose here is to suggest that you might want to make allowance for possible after effects if you'll be driving, working, etc., after your vaccination.   
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Skip

My wife (Home Health Nurse) finally got her first last week, Moderna, .I got my first Thur. ,Pfizer, No side effects . We shall see ,what we shall see , on the second ::). Have to admit was glad we got the call . 

kantuckid

FWIW, I have never had a reaction to anything of any kind prior to this 2nd covid reaction-we are happy indeed to have the 2nd dose, no matter what I've said. 
My heart doc tried, some years ago, to raise my HDL level using Niacin and I got a classic, very bad reaction, otherwise nada to anything.
 Believe me,  I didn't feel worth a crap most of yesterday! 
An e.g.- the trees and snow and ice are beautiful on our land and we'd planned to cruise the woods in our MULE yesterday while the sun was shining for the first time in well over a week and I cancelled out. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

firefighter ontheside

It's definitely a good idea to be prepared to have to take a day off or two after a dose.  My wife had planned for that and didn't schedule patients for the day after her shots.  Luckily for her, she had no bad side effects and went to work after both doses.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Magicman

PatD and I got our second stick of Moderna this afternoon.  We shall see.....or not.  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Bill

I got Dose 1 and my arm was mildly sore for 24 hours - for which I was glad ?

I figure it meant my immune system was working - imho. So I am hoping that in a little less than two weeks dose 2 will give me a kinda mild reaction - again cause I believe that means my immune system is working on building those anti-( gens / bodies / whatever it takes to lick cv19 ).

Facts - hrmmph
Couple decades back I heard and liked " trust but verify " . For the internet I believe in don't trust but verify - alot - then maybe .

NZ - seems like tracing may be mostly working ( very good for them )  and I think isolating sick people is really good . And FL's protecting the elderly is a good idea too .

SwampDonkey

Aerosol transmission may have been played down. Apparently, just masking, distancing and contact of droplets and ignoring aerosolized transmission in the message is not based on evidence. You really don't want to be in a waiting room with infected people for very long. And I sure would not want to be on an aeroplane. First because of risk of infection and second because of new travel rules starting today, when coming into Canada on a flight.

Experts push CDC, White House to address COVID-19 aerosol spread | CIDRAP

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WV Sawmiller

Wife and I just got our first dose 2 hours ago. Phizer so we go back in 3 weeks for 2nd dose. Very well organized in our city owned Freight Depot used for special events and such. They plan to shoot 400 doses per day for next three days which is a lot for our little county. I don't know if my left arm is sore or just my imagination so sure can't be much yet if it is.

We took our yellow  shot record and got the nurse to record it in there. Seems we are the first one to do that and sort of threw her for a loop. They also gave out a little blue card but you'd think they'd use the standard international shot record that has been around for many, many years.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Claybraker

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on February 22, 2021, 01:04:34 PMyou'd think they'd use the standard international shot record that has been around for many, many years.
I've got one shot record dated Sept 79. Another dated 1981 when the unit was going to Germany for an exercise. According to it I got vaccinated for plaque. Proof that vaccines work. In 40 years I haven't had  plaque once.

WV Sawmiller

I am glad you didn't get the plague. Most of the diseases I never got I could not even pronounce and had never heard of. 

When I was working overseas I think I got shots for everything but the mange and not sure I didn't get it. I think I had 3 or 4 different shot records and finally our company nurse consolidated them all into one and removed the ones that were out of date. If you did not have your shot record with you when you got a shot you got a new record. 

I tried to get a rabies vaccination one time when i was in the USMC because back then I was bad to catch coons and other wild animals and another time when I started work in Africa. They would not give it to me because I was working in the home office and they only gave it to the folks on the pipeline in Africa where they were more likely to get bitten by a monkey or such. They said if someone got bit they still had to take the shots but the vaccine bought them some time till they could get back to a more civilized region. Yellow fever was the main requirement you had to have to visit most of Africa. It was good for 10 years as I remember. If you did not have your record with you they would just give you another shot there in the airport.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

Howard, you said they gave you a shot in the "airport"................ so is that your bum?   :o   8)   :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

I think it was an international airport in Africa one time, probably Douala, Cameroon.

I remember getting a tetanus shot in the butt bent over the hood of a car on Christmas Day when I was 7 y/o and had been cut by a wild hog across the R. knee while visiting at my grandfather's home in Dixie County. There was no thoughts or attempts to preserve my dignity. We were at the doctor's house where he was and he was drunk at a Christmas party they were having so he got his nurse to give me the shot. They decided not to sew up the cuts and just wiped them good with iodine as I remember which hurt more than the shot. I don't remember if they steri-stripped them shut or not. 

Anyway, you can see what such abuse at a pivotal moment in my young life by members of your chose profession has done to me. (And I see the abuse continues. :D Now about that missing ring...)
Howard Green

doc henderson

Howard, I think your disposition was destined at a very young age, unrelated to your clinical experience.  I diagnosed lots of otitis media on the gravel road in front of my house on the weekends,  If I knew they were coming, carried the otoscope in my back pocket.  called in the script and it was ready before they got there.``
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

firefighter ontheside

An ear infection was one of the worst things I've ever endured.  I had never had one until I married an audiologist.  I think she liked it.  Man did that ear hurt.

I've had two doses of a 3 dose regimen for Anthrax vaccine.  I sure hope I don't get it before my last dose.  That would be bad luck.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on February 21, 2021, 04:09:04 PMPatD and I got our second stick of Moderna this afternoon. We shall see.....or not.
Don't know whether they are associated or not but PatD's wrist are hurting today, but nothing else.  I have no pain anywhere but I just don't feel too spiffy today.  My lymph nodes below my jaw are a bit tender.  Both of us have a sore arm but neither of us have any fever.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

Had to go to summer camp in southern Missouri for forestry.  We had to have a Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever shot.  Worse, Shot, Of, My, Life.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WV Sawmiller

I remember getting vaccinated when I went into USMC. They gave you shots in both arms with the air guns. They'd mess you up for a week. The fist several days one arm was sore and about the time it got almost back to normal the other one would start itching from the smallpox vaccine and that lasted several more says. Of course along about that time you were so sore and no rest from the rest of the training you hardly noticed anyway. 
Howard Green

YellowHammer

My wife and I have gotten the first hand opportunity for a direct comparison between the Covid vaccine and Covid itself.  We are some of the unlucky ones who got the virus between vaccines doses.  Actually, we probably had the virus when we got the vaccine shot, but it was still too early to show symptoms.  Poor timing on our part.  

The vaccine was unpleasant the next day.  

Covid has been unpleasant for both of us for almost a week, so far.  We seem to be doing OK considering, with mild to moderate symptoms and ebbing back yesterday to mild. But take it from me, the vaccine discomfort is not in the same league as the disease itself, at least for us.

Anyway.  We had an infected pre symptomatic person in a small group, who had not had a vaccine.  My wife and I had not had a vaccine.  Two other people in the group had the vaccine, one of which was my 80 year old, high risk mother.  The other had the virus several months ago and still has a currently strong antibody presence.

So, six people, two of which were vaccinated, one with immunity, and three not vaccinated.  ALL three unvaccinated persons are currently Covid positive, and working through the illness.  ALL three of the protected persons have been tested as Covid free.  That's pretty easy math in the six person unintended Yellowhammer trial.  

Me - Unvaccinated - currently Covid positive
My Wife -  unvaccinated - currently Covid positive
My oldest daughter - unvaccinated - Currently Covid positive

My mom - vaccinated - not infected
My Stepson - vaccinated - not infected
My youngest daughter - strong anybodies from former Covid - not infected.  

Draw your own conclusion as to the effectiveness of the vaccine and the contagious nature of Covid.  And yes, we let our guard down for an instant, and are paying for it.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Southside

Hope everyone gets back on their feet quickly there YH.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

Roxie

YellowHammer, my heart goes out to you and hoping for an ultimately good outcome for you. 

It seems so unfair that this would happen because you've spent almost a year now being a model for how to conduct a business and stay in covid compliance. 

Virtual hugs. 
Say when

YellowHammer

Quote from: Roxie on February 23, 2021, 05:08:11 AM
It seems so unfair that this would happen because you've spent almost a year now being a model for how to conduct a business and stay in covid compliance.
Thanks, the only consolation we have is that we are very happy about the high levels of the precautions we took for our business and customers and how it successfully protected our business customers from any possibility of getting it.  We are certain that absolutely none of our customers were exposed to us and Covid at our business.  We actually proactively planned the get together to occur after the last open day of the work week.  So from exposure to positive tests, less than a week, we came in contact with no customers.  We took, what we thought were reasonable precautions at our get together, but they were insufficient.  However, the precautions we took to protect our customers, (by appointment only, on Friday's and Saturday's) actually worked perfectly, as we were completely isolated during the time period from exposure to positive test.  We are happy about that.  

This simply follows our philosophy to provide a safe shopping environment for our customers.  Our business precautions worked and we are very pleased we did not put any customers at risk.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Magicman

I was a bit "uneasy" last evening and began noticing a soreness behind both eyes.  That and with the lymph node soreness, I gave up and went to bed at ~9:00 last night. 

This morning all is good.  The eyes and the lymph node soreness is gone.  PatD's wrist are also OK this morning. Both of our arms are still a bit sore but not as much as yesterday. All is good. 

Thank You Sponsors!