iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

West Nile virus

Started by yukon cornelius, February 22, 2019, 02:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

I haven't been on here much and I thought I might post an update of myself. Since last may or June I have tested positive for rocky mountain spotted fever, lyme disease ( masters disease), Q fever, fibromyalgia,  irritable bowel disease and a lot of other things. None of the treatments for these was helping. I ended up having a spinal tap in January where they found neuro-invasive West Nile virus. This is causing recurring encephalitis. From the brain swelling I have damage similar to a stroke. They have no treatment other than supportive therapy. I resigned my fire chief position last year and we have decided to close the business for now. I am not safe to run tools especially the sawmill. I sold my mobile dimension sawmill project. I dont plan on selling anything else right now but tools and equipment may end up being our savings account. Im glad my wife let's me collect all this precious metals ( junk and projects) God is good and we have not been in need of anything. It is amazing how he plans things. We will let him lead us through our next chapter of life. 
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

doc henderson

I wish you nothing but the best, and hope for a recovery,  May God continue to carry you and your family through this!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Thank You for giving us an update Larry.  Pat and I send our Prayers for your health issues.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

My very best wishes and hopes for a complete recovery. My nephew near Pensacola Fla contracted it when he was 24 (6-7 years ago) and they said he would not live but even though he spent a long time in ICU and is still recovering the strength in his arm that he lost he did pull through. He has since fathered two daughters and a son, something else they told him was not likely to happen. Keep us posted. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

lxskllr

Hope you get better enough to recover some of your life. Best wishes for the future.

doctorb

Hang in there!  Wishing you a steady improvement.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Bruno of NH

Larry prayers for you and your family things have a way of working out.
I'm kind of going through the same thing as you are.
Some times there is a new plan set for us.
Looking forward helps me feel better.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ron Scott

Prayers sent for a positive recovery soon.
~Ron

Lko67

The good Lord will guide you. Praying for a recovery and peace in what lies ahead.

I know when I got sick it changed my world. You appreciate the small things and tend to look at life differently.  Good luck and God bless

yukon cornelius

I will be heading to the mayo clinic at the end of this month for ongoing issues. It has been quite a journey.  after reading stories of other people i realize how lucky I am. I will try to post what I find out.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

thecfarm

You are in my thoughts.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

best wishes, keep us in the loop
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Bruno of NH

Yes please keep us posted 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!