iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poulan 2750 FREE!!

Started by Old_Town, December 06, 2004, 11:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_Town

I was given a Poulan 2750 the other day and after about 100 pulls with fresh gas and a liberal amount of SeaFoam it fired up and ran. Later, I sharpened the chain and used it to flush cut some stumps. By the end of the day it ran pretty well. Running this saw for a couple of hours sure makes me appreciate my Husky, Echo and Stihl saws. The bar on the Poulan moves and slacks the chain quicker than you could believe. I calls for 32:1 mix but I used my normal 50:1 as I don't think it will hurt this beast. I will use this relic for cutting sandy and dirty stuff until it breaks or it breaks me.

beenthere

I think I would have 'broken' (or caused it to be broken!) long before 100 pulls. You have stamina (or determination, or maybe you are stubborn  ;D ) Whatever, glad you finally got to feel it run.   You da man!
Wow!  100 pulls.  Hurts (and sweat beads form) just thinking about it.  :D :)

Oh, and what is seafoam?  That a muscle ointment? Or something for the saw?   ??? ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SasquatchMan

You don't appreciate how poorly made the poulan saws are until you get your hands on a Stihl, Husky etc, and find out how a saw is supposed to work.

I'm all for buying a tool that is no more expensive than it needs to be, but those strike me as a pretty bad experience.

That said, my little poulan electric just won't die.  I wish it would, so I could get one with an auto oiler.
Senior Member?  That's funny.

Old_Town

I am still sore from pulling on that saw. Thanksgiving day I was really sore. Crappy saws indeed will make you long for something of quality like the saws stated above. I hate to admit it but the Poulan Pro line of saws really don't look to bad (not that I am going to rush out and buy one!!) Seafoam for sore muscles??? maybe I'll try that. :D

VA-Sawyer

beenthere,
If it's what I'm thinking of,  Seafoam is a additive for oil or gas to clean up the crud in an engine. Check your auto parts stores or the marina. I just tried some in the old truck.  That engine has been sitting for years. It seems to be helping.

tony_marks

im just surprised the recoil was working and didnt break u arm..
  between saw thefts[my 028] i tried 2.. the second time,i took it back, the salesman explained ,i jus needed some instruction..
 he gives that rope a good yank.. then proceeded to try an hide the fact ,that his arm was nearly broke.. his comment ,, hmm aint suppose to do that..go get u money back..this said as he headed for the back..presumeably so he could scream or mabe just get that bottle o jack daniels he keeps hidden..this really happened.. :D..

Thank You Sponsors!