iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Speeco Splitter

Started by jedc43, April 25, 2013, 07:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Without other modifications, a bigger engine won't help much. The pump output and pressure remains the same and cylinder size is fixed. I tried modifying a 5 hp unit, the boss had installed a 4 way splitter but the machine didn't have the oomph needed. I installed an 8 hp and cranked down the relief valve, good thing the ram bent before a hose blew in my face.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

wolfen

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 11, 2013, 10:31:11 PM
Without other modifications, a bigger engine won't help much. The pump output and pressure remains the same and cylinder size is fixed. I tried modifying a 5 hp unit, the boss had installed a 4 way splitter but the machine didn't have the oomph needed. I installed an 8 hp and cranked down the relief valve, good thing the ram bent before a hose blew in my face.

Well thanks for THAT bit of info, I totally forgot about needing a bigger pump for a bigger engine, would I need a bigger ram too?
Not being sarcastic, just asking in case.

kwatvrider

Just picked up a brand new Husky 22t w/ B&S engine today. My father-in-law's girlfriend bought it for him for Christmas. I wish it was mine though but I am just storing it temporarily!
Stihl 036 w/ 20" bar
Stihl MS180 w/ 16" bar

thecfarm

Are you sure it's for him?? I won't tell.  :Mrs_Claus:
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sonofman

I would store it in the yard next to my unsplit log pile. If he asked, I would tell him the warranty period is running, so you figured you would help him out by seeing if it had any warranty issues. wink wink
Located due west of Due West.

kwatvrider

I really wish I could try it out but promised to just hide it until Christmas. It sure is tempting though. Always fun to try out a new toy! :snowball:
Stihl 036 w/ 20" bar
Stihl MS180 w/ 16" bar

wolfen

I'm getting the Huskee version next week :) the loan I applied for that is gonna keep me from losing everything came through, and its gonna pay of so much I'll actually have the 999 that TSC wants for it :)

Thank You Sponsors!