iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fire

Started by Peter Drouin, May 09, 2023, 08:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

A forwarder and a feller-Buncher burn to the ground by some fool in Salisbury NH.
They have a $10,000 reward out.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

barbender

I saw that...but part of me is suspicious of who exactly the fool may be. Could be a tree hugger, a low life logger that doesn't want someone else in his area, or I hear markets are really getting tough. Minnesota used to see an increase in machine fires in poor markets, oddly enough.
Too many irons in the fire

sawguy21

Financial combustion?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

nativewolf

another logging friend of ours said equipment never caught on fire in good timber or good times.  
Liking Walnut

Southside

I saw a tracked buncher burn up one time, operator was still in it - he got out - so definitely not a suspicious case.  He called the skidder man who came tearing down the road with chains a flying to get to the buncher, backed up to the head and yarded that thing out of the canopy it was in.  Zero chance to save anything on the machine but he was there to save the woods.  Fraser dispatched a private helicopter that made multiple water drops on the area and about an hour later the local Forest Ranger about ran everyone over when he skidded to a stop as he tried to get his Indian tanks out of the back of his truck.  We all appreciated him bringing those so we could mist ourselves to stay cool since it was August.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

barbender

Machines definitely burn up on their own, the outfit I worked for lost a few and that is with good fire suppression systems on them. But there us no question this situation is arson- the only question is whodunit?
Too many irons in the fire

Nebraska

Friction fire = mortgage/note  rubbing against an insurance policy.  :)

Bruno of NH

The guy who's equipment was burned has been in business for a long time.
He has other things he does besides logging. He grinds landscape mulch and other things.I wouldn't doubt it's someone who doesn't like him or didn't want to see the area logged.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ken

I had a 2020 853M JD Feller Buncher burn with 2852 hours in Feb 2022.  Fire suppression went off as it was supposed to.  I was 10+ months into my best year ever financially.   No definitive reason as to why.  It happens I guess.  Insurance took 17.5 weeks to pay out.  Wasn't a happy period in my contracting career. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!