iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

262xp issue

Started by northern, June 10, 2010, 01:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern

Hello all,
First post here, hoping some one can help.  I have a 262xp, and it runs great, except for one little thing.  Once it is warmed up, to re-start it you have to hold the throttle wide open.  This usually indicates flooding, yes?  I have tried leaning out the "L" screw a touch, but no change.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
P.S. Great site!

tyb525

It could be vapor lock.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

JohnG28

Maybe a bad fuel tank vent.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

grassfed

First, I don't know if you are new to husky saws but just in case...To start a warm saw you pull out the choke and then push it back in, to set the throttle to mid throttle start position, then when it starts you blip the throttle and it will drop down to idle. If you already know this and have been doing this then you can take off the air cleaner and try the above procedure and see if the throttle is staying in the start position. If that is not the problem I would pull the carb and clean and rebuild it with a new gasket kit. You should be able to get one from Bailey's
Mike

jteneyck

I'd second that it might be a bad tank vent.  Try cracking the gas cap and see if it starts normally.  If that's not it, it might be a blinded fuel filter or old fuel line.  And you're sure the air filter is clean and you have fresh mix in the fuel tank, right?  If those are all good, I'd try retuning the saw once it's warm.  Set the idle up so it won't stall, and adjust the L-speed jet 1/2 way between where it falls off in rpm rich and lean.  When that's set, turn the idle back down.  If all that doesn't resolve the issue, it's probably time for that carb. kit. 

northern

Thanks, everyone.  I'm leaning towards the carb rebuild. It is about time anyways.   

Thank You Sponsors!