iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going to be a fun one today

Started by Maine logger88, February 14, 2014, 09:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

We got 8 inches of snow last night and now its raining. I hate days like this get soaked after one twitch and then miserable for the rest of the day
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

thecfarm

Don't surprize me it's raining where you are. I must have a got a foot. But hard to tell with the wind too.Got some sleet in the night. Still snowing here at 24°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maine logger88

Yeh we had some sleet around 1 this morning, I wish it was still snowing here snow is still no fun but a lot better than rain. I heard we are supposed to get more snow tonight and tomorrow

rockwall

Rained here for about an hour now back to snow. Central Maine. We got about a foot of snow with sleet in the middle of night.

Bert

Im with you guys. Im in pa but weather is still a factor. Think this going to be the first in 32 months that I can put a $0 in for the  month. Snow, Snow, wet, Snow etc.
Saw you tomorrow!

rick f

Rain most of the night and most all day, snowed a little aftwer 3 this afternoon. forcast for Saturday night 12-18+ downeast. Fun times in the woods next week. Oh well at least my blueberry bushes will get covered again, poor mans fertilizer.  :D
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

snowstorm

8+ of snow to sleet to freezing rain to lite rain and back to lite snow. now the weekend event has gone from 2 to 4" to 12" another monday nite. sunday its gonna blow to 30mph. little Siberia [ appleton ridge] should be interesting. its the hightest ground around and mostly blueberry fields and xmass trees . so all the snow dumps in the road.   i have plowed that many times on a clear day but blowing had and you cant see the end of the hood on the truck

Maine logger88

Well we just worked a short day today got four twitches enough to finish a load of hemlock pulp which is about all we could stand. Snowstorm you must live pretty close to me then so you must plow for Appleton?

Ed_K

We have easthill rd like that.Low bush on the west side and alfalfa on the east,higher the snowbank gets higher the drifts.4am this morning I lost sight of everything past the windshield  :o .But I stayed on the right side of the fence,car before me wasn't doing so well  ;D .
Ed K

David-L

Tough plowing today with that blast of ice/rain that came down hard at 1 a.m. Also had some serious lightning at that time to with lots of wind. don't remember lightning that often in February when theres a snowstorm happening. Over 12" of heavy snow around here.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

logman81

I'm not looking forward to wet gloves and over a foot of snow on my job, no fun!
Precision Firewood & Logging

snowstorm

Quote from: Maine logger88 on February 14, 2014, 07:52:42 PM
Well we just worked a short day today got four twitches enough to finish a load of hemlock pulp which is about all we could stand. Snowstorm you must live pretty close to me then so you must plow for Appleton?  nope searsmont. my trucks are red f550 ford ans a 2574 ih the only one around set up for double wings. only use one. the guys that do appleton put one on its roof last feb.

Maine logger88

O OK I have seen your trucks before. What would the double wing setup be used for?

snowstorm

Quote from: Maine logger88 on February 15, 2014, 12:39:56 PM
O OK I have seen your trucks before. What would the double wing setup be used for?
clearing the whole road at once. 11' plow two 11' wings. this truck came from up in the county. i was told on some of there back roads they ran with bolth wings down. plow the whole rd and go on to the next one

Woodboogah

Snowing once again here.  I havent been in the woods since Thursday.  I feel like i have have been doing more plowing then chopping.  Money is money though.  I with you Mainelogger working in the rain when its cold is no fun, I dont mind the rain when it's warm out though.  Stay safe and dry!
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Maine logger88

Quote from: snowstorm on February 15, 2014, 03:09:13 PM
Quote from: Maine logger88 on February 15, 2014, 12:39:56 PM
clearing the whole road at once. 11' plow two 11' wings. this truck came from up in the county. i was told on some of there back roads they ran with bolth wings down. plow the whole rd and go on to the next one
Well that's cool it would make short work that's for sure, suck to meet tho haha!

Maine logger88

Yeh sometimes a light summer rain is almost better to work in than the heat

JohnM

They are talking 12-18" (more further down the Airline) out our way tonight/tomorrow...yuck!  You're right though, better than rain.  However my Kubota will be right at her limits for twitching out my firewood with that plus what's in the woods already.  That heavy wet snow messed everything up, I bet I've got an inch or more of ice on my driveway.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

rick f

Still snowing hard and sideways in Downeast Maine. One thing about this storm the road into the yard will be smooth after dragging it with a brushy twitch and letting it setup abit.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

thecfarm

So you're getting the snow. Started around 4:30 last night. Was a fine snow. I have no idea when it stopped. We only got 2 inches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rick f

Well it stopped about 7:30 but the wind is still blowing. We ended up at about a foot I'd say not what the weathermen said ( 14-22+).  8)
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

JohnM

We got all of 4-5" I'd guess, Rt 9 is already clear.  Canceled my oldest sons (12 today) birthday party on the advice of the "weatherman". >:(
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

rick f

JohnM where are you located, I'm guessing eddington. ???
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

snowstorm

5 or 6" here. a lot of wind. only one setback the cotter pin came out of the bolt that holds the front of the wing on. nut came off. good thing i was going slow. at 2am the other guy that plows called said he saw a girl walking in the road with a backpac. so he stoped and asked if she was al right. she wouldnt answer just kept walking. we assume she and her boyfreind had a fight.

JohnM

Quote from: rick f on February 16, 2014, 02:35:09 PM
JohnM where are you located, I'm guessing eddington. ???
Clifton for now, Rick.  Plans are in the works to head down snowstorm's and Maine Logger88's way (Waldo County) in a year or two.  Things will need to workout just right though...time will tell.

Thank You Sponsors!