iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stuck

Started by Magicman, August 20, 2012, 08:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK, I well know when you get your truck stuck, you generally made a foolish mistake.  Mine was not thinking that maybe the Tree Farm got more rain this weekend than we got at home, and also, I did not get out and walk the area out where I attempted to back the trailer.  When the truck slipped sideways a bit, I knew that I was stuck.  I unhitched the trailer and tried to ease out forward.....nope.  Next it was hooking the tractor to the truck.  Again, nope.

Thankfully, a couple of weeks after I got the new truck, my grill guard and new 12K MileMarker winch came in.

Today would be the day to try it out.  I set the brakes on the JD and chocked the wheels to keep it from skidding backwards.

Then chained my snatch block to the tractor.

The double line and the 12K MileMarker worked fine.

About now is when I smiled.

A mighty fine investment ready for it's next job.   :)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Is your truck not a 4x4?  :-\
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

chevytaHOE5674

One of the reasons my pickup has locking differentials and mud tires, so I don't get stuck multiple times daily around the farm.

okmulch

It is better to have ,then not to have. :D
MM good thing you put that winch on right away.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Let's give a little credit to John Deere!  :D

WDH

I like the supplemental brakes on the JD  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

nas

Kinda reminds me of this song
http://youtu.be/pDY6bWT5oTM
Now we need a picture with the mud on the truck 8)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

shelbycharger400

now u have to get the trailer out..lol

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: shelbycharger400 on August 20, 2012, 09:16:02 PM
now u have to get the trailer out..lol

say_what  I forgot about that.

WDH

Step one.

1).  Get the Jeep stuck

Step two.

2).  Get the tractor stuck trying to get the stuck Jeep un-stucked.

Step three.

(Requires at least one more tractor  :)).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y A W N .......I'll bring my NEW HOLLAND.  :D

WDH

It must be a Real Tractor  ???.

Magicman

Yes, 4X4, limited slip & locking differentials.  The factory tires certainly are not good grip tires, but I may have spun deeper if they had been, but I usually know when to stop trying.  If it ain't moving stop spinning.

I backed the JD down to the unloaded trailer and easily pulled it out.

Without those highly engineered wheel chocks, I was simply winching the tractor backwards.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red oaks lumber

2 things you need
1) mud tires
2) 4 wheel drive :(
i just read your post if thats 4 wheel you need driving lessons
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Bill Gaiche

MM, make sure there is a tree nearby when you do get stuck.bg

beenthere

Now you can change this thread to "Un-stuck"  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Quote from: red oaks lumber on August 20, 2012, 09:37:55 PM

Meaning??

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Magicman on August 20, 2012, 09:47:26 PM
Quote from: red oaks lumber on August 20, 2012, 09:37:55 PM

Meaning??

He's from Wisconsin. He doesn't know your soil type.  :D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

food6  Danny......pass the POPCORN.

Corley5

I hate it when that happens  ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Okrafarmer on August 20, 2012, 10:01:58 PM
He's from Wisconsin. He doesn't know your soil type.  :D

Assuming that is clay we have Plenty of it in Wisconsin and Michigan. Could start making flower pots and roofing tiles from the stuff around here. hahaha

Thus the need for aggressive tires that don't turn into glazed donuts as soon as they make one revolution.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The "Engines" used to mix red clay and straw to make bricks.  :)

sandhills

MM definitely get the mud grips that way next time you'll be twice as stuck  :).  A couple winters ago when we had snow in feet all winter long I spent most time driving my IH 1486 with the three point gnuse loader on the back, someone said to me I guess you aren't planning on getting stuck, I said no that's just assurance I'll get another 20 yards into the drift before I have to call for help, I was right on several occasions  ::).  That slimy stuff is definitely worse than deep stuff IMO.

Magicman

Four to six inches of topsoil with blue "pipe" clay underneath.  No rocks.

Warbird

Good job getting 'er unstuck.  Your driving skills are fine.  Sometimes, mud happens.

Thank You Sponsors!