iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What do ya want for christmas ?

Started by woody1, December 21, 2008, 08:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody1

The kids have been buggin me about my Christmas gifts. I have everything, but I told them " Just get me a good pair of insulated gloves, firestarters, a hood for riding the atv, and a large firewood processor."
Woody1
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

low_48

I got my wish early last night. ELECTRICITY !!  We had been off line for 38 hours from the ice storm that came through central IL.

stonebroke

You had it easy, We were out 70 hours last week.

Stonebroke

Warbird

Realistically?  I have received all I wanted this year, already.  The entire local family was at our house for Thanksgiving (I'd finished the flooring an hour before they arrived!), the Mrs is transitioning to being a housewife as she has wanted to do for some time, and we will be starting a family in the next year or so (I'm approaching 40, so if'n we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it soon!).

Unrealistically?  I want a brand new Ford pickup.  One of ones you can customize (believe it is an F550 or an F750) so that I can get it with a Cummins turbo diesel engine, an Allison automatic transmission, either an extended cab or a crew cab, and a full 8' bed.  (I'd settle for one of the V-10 gas engines, what with diesel prices these days).  :)

timberfaller390

L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Radar67

Enough fair weather to dry out my land. so I can get my house foundation done.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Don_Papenburg

Timberfeller , ???corks ???  Like for a cork gun, mine is only a single barrel .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

beenthere

:D :D :D

Me thinks it is slang for caulks...and may be similar to people who say Warshington for Washington. And the Alabamer for Alabama.

Just a thought...

And even some say chalk for caulk.... ;D ;D ;D

Now, makes me wonder if the chalk boards in our classroom could be called cork boards, but you can push pins into cork board and cork comes from a tree.  Confusing, eh? eh eh
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mr Mom

johnjbc

I was hinting for a new MS361 Chainsaw but I had to unload a box from her car that is about the size of one of those combination disc-belt sanders. I was a good boy and didn't peek but that is the only thing in the Harbor freight catalog that size, that I circled
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Norm

Quote from: Mr Mom on December 21, 2008, 02:44:42 PM
nothing.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Well you're easy to shop for. ;D

I asked for a D6 dozer but was reminded about the "rule".....no presents that require a low boy to deliver. :D

Larry

Don't have a thing on my wish list...well maybe a new Ranger boat with a 250 HP engine so I could catch faster fish.

This mornings paper had a story bout a fellow down on his luck.  Brings in a disability check of $680 a month to support him and his sick wife.  He pulls round a wagon...yes a kids red wagon to pick up scrap iron and supplement his income.  Cuts firewood with a jigsaw? to sell. 

Since he is the same vintage as me...sorta struck a nerve...if I would help the guy a little, or maybe somebody else deserving, might make me feel almost as good as getting a new Ranger.

Jerry's story is right HERE
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

farmerdoug

Quote from: Norm on December 21, 2008, 03:09:53 PM

I asked for a D6 dozer but was reminded about the "rule".....no presents that require a low boy to deliver. :D

Norm,  I beleive they can be deliveried by cargo planes and helicopter too. ;) :D :D :D :D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Dave Shepard

Actually, I was going to say they could be moved on a tag trailer too. ;)

If I was to ask for something really extravagant, it would be a Bosch 36volt Li-ion combo set. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

LeeB

For the O'hare not to be shut down christmas afternoon so I can make it home.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

thecfarm

I have a lot of small toys.Could you a dozer,excavator.But the one thing that is next on my list is a forwarder.I want one of the small,old ones.They look more like a skidder with bunks.Want a roof mounted grapple so I can pick up rocks with it and place them in front of me for a road.I  would use it in the woods too.But the rocks is what I really want it for.No low boy rule here in Chesterville.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pigman

I think it is better to give than to receive. I will be getting Mr Mom what he wants for Christmas. ;D

As for me, I now have far more than I deserve so I want the same thing that Mr Mom wants.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

dolittle

I wish my health would be restored to "normal".

Reddog

Quote from: pigman on December 21, 2008, 08:13:47 PM
As for me, I know I deserve a new set of tires for the ATV.
And a new and improved dovetail jig.

Hi Pigman,
Merry christmas. :)

teeter_totter cut_tree

thedeeredude

Larry, that story brought a smile to me.  He is a very special person and should be an example to all.

tyb525

I don't really need anything this year, but if I had to choose, it would be a thickness planer or a bigger Stihl.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

pigman

Reddog, I don't need new ATV tires. I can always find a sucker to drive the thing for me and pump up the flat tires. :D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Burlkraft

Quote from: dolittle on December 21, 2008, 08:29:35 PM
I wish my health would be restored to "normal".

I'm with ya on this one.  I'd just like ta not have ta take 22 pills a day to stay alive  ;) ;) ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

dolittle

Too bad there not cheaper than food because they sure fill me up.

Gary_C

Quote from: Norm on December 21, 2008, 03:09:53 PM

Tell Patty that I have a lowboy and could deliver it for free, just as long as I could use it just a little.  :D :D :D

So thats  what I want, for Norm to get a D6.  ;D ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!