iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Current world events humor

Started by Saki, March 09, 2003, 12:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L. Wakefield

Yeah, I'm not a bit surprised. I'd seen the envelope with the hardcopy in it less than a month ago when I was scouring the house for my resume.. shoulda known that it would come up as a topic again.

The website has changed, but the material is still online. It is entitled 'Common rights and expectations', and is a list of the primary international treaties protecting 'the rights of all people'. It lists who signed, and with what reservations. It contains the text of the International Bill of Human Rights (The United Nations text)

Is this irrelevant? Is there any political force on earth that in justice can make this irrelevant? I suggest you read for yourself and decide for yourself.

The world is a big place, and there is a lot of inhumanity in it. Effective change starts with statements of principle, and goes on with ethical and effective actions.

Oh yeah- the website- almost forgot  ::)  - www.nightslantern.ca/01.htm .

Good reading.   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

hawby

L.,
"Slavery" exists in many countries throughout the World. In fact, do not be too surprised if some young, blue eyed, blonde teenagers are found in some remote jail, palace, chamber of Iraq. A friend of mine spent a few years undercover in the Seattle area. Her case was trying to find what was happeing to young girls and boys that were just "disappearing." You know the ones that are on trucks, milk cartons, etc....

Well, she stayed with it as long as her sanity would hold out. The majority were of course murdered by serial pedophiles. Some though were "sold" into white slavery markets in Asia, the Middle East, and Europe.

The part that finally got her to the point of nearly losing her mind was that they had proof of where a couple had gone, and how. Due to the fact that someone with diplomatic priviliges was involved, the investigation was stuffed.

I agree with your comment" ....right or wrong, ...make right what is wrong." Thank God we have a President that also believes in that principle. I pray that he has the strength, courage, wisdom, and backing of the people to finish what has only been started. Sadaam is only the tip of the evil that spawned 9/11.

We can show cowardice, ie. the losers that blocked the pier where military supplies were being loaded. Or, we can standu. Focus our attention on what is right. Make the commitment to do what is right. Continue to sacrifice our time, finances, lives, whatever it takes to see to it that the future generations of this country, and any other that wants to believe that we are ALL created equal; enjoy the God given right of Freedom.

We make our destiny, with the blessings, and the mercy of our Heavenly Father. We can choose to be complacent, AND subserviant, or we can choose to be assertive of our God given ability to change those things that we CAN change. Appeasement of evil, will beget more evil.

Thank God for the courage of our troops, and our current President. I for one am grateful for being a Free American, and for living in a country that will take the right step to free others that were in slavery.

Sorry for the length.... I got caught up in the emotion of seeing those Iraqis celebrate something that my sons ans daughters take for granted.

Hawby
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

L. Wakefield

QuoteThe part that finally got her to the point of nearly losing her mind was that they had proof of where a couple had gone, and how. Due to the fact that someone with diplomatic priviliges was involved, the investigation was stuffed.

It takes a LOT of courage- and an iron-clad system of guarantees of legal protection- to hold powerful individuals to be accountable for their actions. I will say, if it were not for the Constitution and those upholding it, I might never even have dreamed of the freedom I have now. It is the most precious of gifts, and to have a system where it is a RIGHT- is something that needs protection from any who would challenge it.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Thank You Sponsors!