iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Appreciations

Started by FayettesFinest, November 17, 2014, 11:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FayettesFinest

I'd like to say thank you to the members on this board that have given me advice and have answered my questions. I'm a member of a lot of forums and Facebook groups for different things, Ford pickups and Mack trucks, mainly and a lot of times it seems like my posts get pushed aside in favor for a more popular member or a chance to bash on someone. In my two or three days here, I've gotten more help than I have on those other places in over a year.

By the way, I'm Jim and I'm new to all of this forestry stuff. I've only really run a chainsaw around the farm and limbing trees at work so they don't tear up our equipment. I just got into selling firewood to make the off season a little easier on myself and my family. I'm really enjoying so far! I'm thinking of maybe turning this into a career. Normally I run equipment and labor for an excavating company that mainly does ditch work (water/sewer lines), the occaisional foundation, septic systems and a lot of swimming pools. If I choose to go this route, I feel that with my background of running equipment may help me get my foot in the door. As I'm just getting into this, I have a million and half questions, so sorry in advance, lol.

But, all in all, thanks guys. The hospitality and willingness to share knowledge is greatly appreciated!
A handful of junk saws and a junk F250

sandhills

Welcome to the forum, pretty sure the only things that are liked more than a million questions around here are food and pictures (and pictures of food  ;D).

goose63

Welcome to the Fourm  yes pictures and food just don't get the GRITS war started all over there some on here that hates GRITS and some that loves em
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

FayettesFinest,welcome to the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, FayettesFinest.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Thank you FayettesFinest for the intro and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Welcome, Fayetteesfinest.  Whatever is on your mind, somebody on the Forum has done it/posted about it.  Have fun.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Roxie

Say when

r.man

Don't be shy, questions are one half of learning and the way out of ignorance. Welcome to school.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

coxy

welcome to the forum       and don't be afraid to ask about grits  ;)      just don't eat them :D :D :D :D

SawyerBrown

Welcome, Fayettes!  Nice to meet you.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Thank You Sponsors!