iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Pond

Started by Quebecnewf, August 30, 2021, 04:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newoodguy78

I like the idea.  It's a shame the amount of good logs I've seen turn into nothing but bug food essentially. Seems like it's well worth the effort 

rjwoelk

I was reading some were about logponds and the toxic results of logs being stored, has anybody seen this in their log ponds? I have considered this idea as well as I have a 150x200 dugout that could be used for that purpose.
When is it to late to put them in, such as down for a year 2 years? Or do they need to go in right aways after being cut?
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

beenthere

Put up a link to the "toxic" results. tks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sealark37

I have seen mosquitoes at Goose Bay that could move a fair-sized log if they had a pair of tongs.

Magicman

They do not need tongs.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

We put some cypress logs in the pond yesterday.  They are floating because they have dried out a bit since they were cut.  One of our reptilian residents was basking in the sunshine this afternoon.  One of these days I need to pull the weeds out, but they are accumulated on the steep banked side of the pond.
Caveman

Andries

Pull weeds out?
Oh, forget that man!
Pull those crocs out!
Isn't saying 'reptilian resident' like saying 'jumbo shrimp' and 'government expertise'? Just wrong.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

chet

I'll stick with bears, wolves, and mountain lions!
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Old Greenhorn

I can only think that if that was us, there would be a rifle down at the mill ready to go.  ffcheesy Kind of like the one in the shop, salt shed, and woodshed. Working today we had our eyes peeled for a fox that has been coming around for chicken dinners. One of the dogs took off an a track and off we went after her, but she lost it and gave up. I hate carrying a sidearm when I am cutting, but it may come to that when Bill isn't around with his.
 We kind of think of beavers and foxes as fair game, due to the damage they cause.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

47sawdust

Very unusual sawmill pet !
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

longtime lurker

Well I think having a  long nosed short leg swamp dog in the  back of the sawmill yard is a fabulous addition.
They're low maintenance, don't really get underfoot when you're working, and ain't no-one sneaking out the back way with your chainsaws at night.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Resonator

Do they make gator skin logger boots? :huh? ffcheesy
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

cutterboy

No skinny dipping in that pond!!
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

TimW

Caveman,
 What is your little doggie's name?
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

caveman

We have not named it.  This one showed up here about this time last year, about a foot shorter than it is now.  I suspect he's been eating some fish.  

Several years ago, one a touch over 13' was caught in my across the street neighbors' front yard.  I had been seeing that monster in a relatively small ditch out in the swamp about 1/4 mile from the house.

Caveman

TimW

Munch or Mooch comes to mind. ffcheesy
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Stephen1

I see a new pair of boots coming soon!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!