iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mod'ed MS441, It can be done.

Started by 441FELLER, August 15, 2010, 05:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

Quote from: tlandrum on August 18, 2010, 08:21:43 PM
al_smith i think hes yanking our rope. 
Well ya never know  :D Maybe so maybe knot .No matter though it's entertainment . 8)

441FELLER

the saw i guess is kinda fancy....don't ever be afraid to try new stuff, that's how the best stuff becomes better.  fancy is good, muff mods, ignition mods, carb retrofits, internal deletes/updates, shroud trims, sprocket swaps, are they necessary? of course not. but we all do it for one sole purpose, because we're all crazy about saws and pushing their limits.

So here's to all of us and our "Fancy" saws.

Al_Smith

Well now the big question is with all this turbine blade piston ,go faster muffler bolts,super duper muffler redesign and custom plastic parts ,will the saw run for over 30 seconds at a time before the piston swells up as tight as a bulls butt in fly time .

Is this a toy saw or one that will get with the program cutting tank after tank full with no problem ? You see all this has never been addressed .All we've been told is this is the fastest 441 on the planet and about the neatest thing going next to beer in a can .

More,more,pics,flicks ,data . ;D

tlandrum

it didnt happen without pics and vids.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Cut4fun

441FELLER

i'll post some vids tomorrow, got home late tonight, i'm cutting furniture tomorrow, i'll make some cookie cuts for ya...haha performance muff bolts  smiley_really_happy

Al_Smith

Quote from: boobap on August 18, 2010, 02:22:13 PM
Another quick question...When talking about chainsaws (or 2-stroke in general), is the compression ratio normally not referenced? I may be way off, but to find compression ratio on a naturally aspirated engine couldn't you take your PSI and divide that by the average atmospheric pressure (approx 14psi)?
Thats where it gets real confusing .At sea level the atmosphere is 14.7 psi .Due to the fact it's a two cycle pretty much throws out 4 cycle thinking .

For example a natural asperated 4 cycle relies on atmospheric pressure to fill the cylinder on intake .On a two cycle because of the compression of the crankcase prior to transfer could be as high as 1.5 atmospheres although it seldom is .

Now given say 20 psi going in ,it's pretty easy to see how even a 7.5 comp ratio saw could generate 150 PSI .  It's all about trapped compression and not all that easy to explain .Remember a two cycle works on differential pressures .

Now once you think about all that imagine a tuned pipe that could stuff  half again that much back in the cylinder if it's done correctly .Becomes rather mind boggling if you think about it . ;)

Thank You Sponsors!