iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE GOAT DID IT! A brand spanking NEW WOODMIZER!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 02, 2018, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamT

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 11, 2018, 08:07:31 PM
Quote from: AdamT on February 11, 2018, 07:47:31 PM

Don't shut the mill off. Just run it as normal and keep operating.

I could be wrong there but he said I won't be able to saw during the process.

Uuuuuuh....OK.  :D
I did see where I can manually start a regen. I keep the screen showing soot buildup. Just trying to learn a time frame.

During the normal regen process you can saw. But at some point there's going to be more thorough regen in which you won't be able to do anything, but let it do it's thing. I forget the timeframe but I think he said after a couple hundred hours or so the engine will call for that regen. It's not very often.

Hope that clears things up at least a little. Maybe.

2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Your good Adam. Was just poking at you buddy.  :D

Any info I appreciate.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 11, 2018, 07:07:28 PM
Quote from: Southside logger on February 11, 2018, 06:53:14 PM
@POSTON WIDEHEAD Maybe I read Peters question wrong, I was thinking he was asking about his engine, and I was replying to him. I have seen goats run up onto vehicles, but never a wall. I would not delete an engine under warranty either, but when it was up...

You gotta remember, I've done been to  smiley_devil_trident  and back with that Kohler.
The re-gen thing should be old hat then.  :D smiley_devil_trident smiley_devil_trident
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 11, 2018, 08:39:18 PM
Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 11, 2018, 07:07:28 PM
Quote from: Southside logger on February 11, 2018, 06:53:14 PM
@POSTON WIDEHEAD Maybe I read Peters question wrong, I was thinking he was asking about his engine, and I was replying to him. I have seen goats run up onto vehicles, but never a wall. I would not delete an engine under warranty either, but when it was up...

You gotta remember, I've done been to  smiley_devil_trident  and back with that Kohler.
The re-gen thing should be old hat then.  :D smiley_devil_trident smiley_devil_trident

GOOD POINT!    :D

Dave Shepard

We have a Gehl R190 with a Yanmar. The dealer has had to send out a tech to hook up a laptop a couple of times. They said running it hot and hard is the best way to keep from having trouble.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

starmac

Yep, from everything I understand it depends on how it was run, not the hours of run time. Warmed up and working hard, they will burn much cleaner, this works on trucks and other equipment, how do you keep a mill in the wood, when your are backing up every 10 to 20 feet?? Idling is a no go on a lot of systems, which is the main reason companies have switched back to gas on the slope.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Dave Shepard on February 11, 2018, 08:59:19 PM
We have a Gehl R190 with a Yanmar. The dealer has had to send out a tech to hook up a laptop a couple of times. They said running it hot and hard is the best way to keep from having trouble.

I'll bet them house calls are $$$

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Hilltop366

If the engine was stationary it would probably be done already but I'm wondering if there is there any practical way to vent the exhaust out the roof?

Hilltop366

GAB

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 11, 2018, 08:14:57 PM
being a firefighter I have extinguishers posted around and a water supply if I need it. A fire is always on my mind.

I hope your fire extinguishers are not the ones that have been recalled.
If so, I'd be keeping the hose real handy and ready.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Kbeitz

I hope your fire extinguishers are not the ones that have been recalled.
If so, I'd be keeping the hose real handy and ready.
Gerald
NOTE FROM ADMIN, IN ORDER FOR QUOTE TAGS TO WORK, YOU NEED AN OPENING TAG BEFORE THE QUOTE, THE TAG WITHOUT THE SLASH. AND A CLOSING TAG AFTER THE QUOTE, THE ONE WITH THE SLASH.

Is that why I see pallet loads of fire extinguishers coming into
the junkyard ?
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

petefrom bearswamp

what the bleep is a regen?
Does my 2008 perkapillar need one at intervals
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on February 12, 2018, 05:33:49 PM
what the bleep is a regen?
Does my 2008 perkapillar need one at intervals

:D :D :D :D :D If you don't know what a regen is by now Pete......don't worry about it.
You would have known by now.  :D :D :D :D :D

Dave Shepard

What da goat said. :D It's one of those blissfully ignorant situations.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

These new EPA engines save up all the carbon and soot instead of releasing it into the air.
Once enough gets saved up, the engine needs to rev up to high rpm's and the muffler gets RED HOT and burns all the soot and ash up.

Big truck diesels have to be regened also if they are not run at a high rpm going down an interstate every now and again.
Most trucks don't have to regen because they keep it burned off just running the roads.

starmac

You have a much different experience with the trucks than we do., Working hard they don't have to regen as often, but still do and it is reported it uses around 50 gallons of fuel every time.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Dave Shepard

The R190 takes half an hour and a gallon of fuel. :-\

Resonator

I will take regen over having to fill up DEF any day! Many unhappy truckers because of that stuff. :(
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Peter
That's the part that gets me my new tractor burns a lot more fuel than my old one.
What's it saving ?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Dave Shepard

Particulate emissions. I'm not convinced its working.  ::)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Dave Shepard on February 12, 2018, 08:11:28 PM
Particulate emissions. I'm not convinced its working.  ::)

I think the whole emissions system is a scam.

Dave Shepard

This Tier IV business I wonder if there was more particulate emitted in making the parts and the service trucks driving around fixing the one's that won't run.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Dave Shepard on February 12, 2018, 08:23:05 PM
This Tier IV business I wonder if there was more particulate emitted in making the parts and the service trucks driving around fixing the one's that won't run.

Ita a money making robbery! We've got old diesel tractors from the 60's still running fine.
When i went to the Yanmar dealer the other day, they have engines in there less than 2 years old being worked on.

Thank You Sponsors!