iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's like having my own bar shop.

Started by Dave Shepard, August 16, 2015, 08:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

A friend of mine gave me his old tool grinder last year. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, as I don't even have my lathe working yet. I had to tune up the rails on this 24" bar, and one of them was really lopsided. Normally I draw file them, but this one was too far gone. I squared the table to the stone and ground both sides in about five minutes, and it barely put any heat into the bar at all.  8)

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

bandmiller2

Dave, now you just need to figure out a jig to hold planer blades at the right angle to sharpen them. What do you have for a metal lathe.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Ianab

Seen a jig that fits in your bench vice, and you bolt a regular angle grinder and wheel to it.

Same idea, a flat table that's 90 deg to the grinding wheel. As long as you keep the bar moving you wont heat any one spot too much. Just take light passes until the edge is good.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!