iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 460 or 461 Arctic ?

Started by sweetjetskier, January 05, 2015, 09:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetjetskier

I need a little input here guys, I have 20 plus hours run time on a 461 in 2014, have never run a 460.

The arctic version is what I am looking for, and as we know in the states they are not all that available, so i have a lead on a pre owned 460 arctic and know where a couple new 461 arctic's are.

Any comments from anyone who has experience with either?

Thanks
Arborist, Horticulturist, Nursery and Turfgrass Professional with 27 years experience.

cutter88

My input/ expierence, we log in northern Ontario in the hardwood - 15 to -30 snow right up to the fellas and we never run arctics and never have issue with our 461 and 460 saws freezing we just put duck tape over the bottom half of the recoil, the only time I like arctic package is for headed and grip in the landing bucking up but as far as the saws freezing up u don't need an arctic
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

ehp

I have had alot of 460 arctics and 1- 461 arctic , I like either one so its whatever you can get . I heard stihl is doing away with the arctic line of saws so if you want one you better get after a new one . Both are good saws , I feel the 461 will pull a longer bar better than the 460 thou

Thank You Sponsors!