iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How many board feet per hour on an LT40 hydraulic?

Started by MesquiteSawyer, August 09, 2014, 01:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJim2185

Magicman I want to talk trash but I ain't qualified.  Great pics.  I guess the real question is...WM vs. all - who kills more deer?  I'll put one up for the four-posters, but magicman has the cantilever guys way out front. 

-Thomas 8020 w/10' extension
-New Holland TC45D w/ fel and farmi jl501

Delawhere Jack

There's no way you shot that with a four post rifle........ :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on August 11, 2014, 11:23:13 PM

I've heard it all now.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

leroy in kansas

red oaks lumber

now i gotta take and post pics of all my wall hangers :) which for sake of proving a point were all takin with a 06 :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

ladylake

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on August 11, 2014, 11:23:13 PM

Must have been a 4 post stand to steady that rifle.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

BigJim2185

Quote from: red oaks lumber on August 12, 2014, 06:27:05 AM
now i gotta take and post pics of all my wall hangers :) which for sake of proving a point were all takin with a 06 :D

Of course they were - if you were using anything else they'd still be out running around. 

Can't wait to see the pics of your mounts.  I bet they are stickered perfectly.
-Thomas 8020 w/10' extension
-New Holland TC45D w/ fel and farmi jl501

danreed76

Quote from: BigJim2185 on August 12, 2014, 07:29:39 AM
Can't wait to see the pics of your mounts.  I bet they are stickered perfectly.

Reckon I could use a few pointers on this one... seems no matter how well I stack and sticker 'em, they still get moldy after a few days... worse than dead stacked yellow pine in the summer.  Them deer must be kiln dried? ???
Woodmizer LT40 Hydraulic with resaw attachment |  Kubota MX5200  | (late)1947 8N that I can't seem to let go.

rooster 58

First 'ya whack 'em, then 'ya stack em 8) 8) 8)

But just for the record, y'all are usin' the wrong gun. With a quarter bore It whacks 'em, guts'em, and quarters 'em. No need to sticker 'em. Just wraps 'um and freeze 'um ;)

Magicman

Now you guys know full well that I have reserves hidden in my gallery, and yes there are some 4 posters there.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

Result of .270 remingtom pump, a few here did get a .280 bug  ;D 

To get back on topic.....  ::)   I have an old 93 lt40hd that I got new then, it sits with 7500hrs on it and still cuts true as when it was new, mind you it does not have as much humph as when new but still has the same motor A 24 Onan that came with it back in 93.
   I am far from being painted orange and have always taken time out from a drive to stop and see a mill if time permited it. No matter the color or make of it, if I had time I would stop and chat with the operater if he had time also. There all good, they all have the querks and all have there perks, it all boiles down to what you like of a mill. Its only as good as the operator can make it work.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dave Shepard

This discussion wasn't about who makes the better mill, it was about the constant attacks of WMs quality based on hearsay and conjecture. I personally don't care what anyone runs, I'm ecstatic every time I run my WM, and great faith in the company and it's products. What I don't want is for WM to be run down by people who have never run one, and have no personal perspective on the mill.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

red oaks lumber

danreed 76
the biggest thing with air drying,you need as much air flow as possible.in the middle of a field is ideal. air flow is what carries the water out of the stack.
hardwoods on the other hand still need air flow but, at a slower rate as to not remove water to fast.if i can i try not to cut alot of hardwoods to be stickered in the spring or fall to fast of drying conditions. the more humid months of summer provide a safer climate to  air dry.
sticker placement wont help with moldy or stained lumber, :) only if they are to thin to abstruct the air flow
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

isawlogs

Dave..... When I answered this thread.. THE TITLE WAS , AND IS ..'''    How many board feet per hour on an LT40 hydraulic   

That being said, I fully agry with you ;)  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

MesquiteSawyer

Dave,

I hope you know I wasn't bashing WM.  I am looking at two used LT40's and wanted some honest feedback from folks that were using them.  I really only had heard things about them, and I wanted to hear some real life production numbers and how many hours people had put on theirs.  I pulled lumber for a while off a 1992 LT40 with 2100 hours on it, and couldn't have been more impressed.  The mill cut excellent, and was easier to get around than my previous mill.  I was hoping to go look at the second LT40 (1993 with 4,000 hrs)  sometime later in the week, but if I don't get to, and this one is still available, I will probably purchase it.  One thing I have seen is the resale is awesome on one, and they don't last long!
-Mark

Dave Shepard

My comments did not have anything to do with your posts.  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

backwoods sawyer

lest we all forget the 250 savage for those long shots, I would show you pictures but I think you can get the gist. 3x3 buck feild dressed, fit an orange in his basket and fold him up with feet on, place him in an orange box and slide the lid on fully and toss in the bow of the boat. S.E. AK.
30-30 open sites best brush gun hands down.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

drobertson

yep, Yep',  just re-read the thread, there are some numbers to base a day on.  Just remember, blade in the logs means something to move pretty quickly.  this will add to the footage more than anything else.  Your results may vary, but should be close if dust if flying, and your numbers are right. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Delawhere Jack

To the original topic, material handling is everything, regardless of the brand of the mill. Mills of similar size and HP, running the same bands will cut basically the same bf per hour.

Efficiently loading logs, and offloading slabs and boards will make a much bigger difference than which brand of mill your running.

Thank You Sponsors!