iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

63rd Annual Logging Congress

Started by inspectorwoody, August 02, 2008, 08:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspectorwoody

beenthere

Will we see you there?  :) :)

Good possibility on this end..talkin about it. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

inspectorwoody

Talking about here too  ;)

Game plan is Friday but we will have to see as it gets closer.

beenthere...

You ever been up to Bohlings in Randolph?

beenthere

Dustin
Never been there.
What are they?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

inspectorwoody

Looks like a big clothing store. They sell key jeans etc. Little bit of everything. Some logging clothing.

http://www.valuworld.com/usa/wi/supermall/County/Columbia/randolph/bohlings/index.htm#Q2

I've been looking for some work jeans and flannel shirts that acutally fit nice. Being 100% cotton,they seem to fit nice at the store but even drying them on low,seems to shrink them up. Than my long arms.  :D Haven't been able to find a good store that sells tall clothing around here.

Natalie wants to get up to WI before she starts school this month so it may be a road trip!  ;D

Burlkraft

I'll be helpin' out in the Peterson booth.
I'm bringin' my slabber up, but I'm afraid we ain't gonna have no 72" DBH logs ta saw  ::)  ::)  :o  :o
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Corley5

Depending on how things go on the home front between now and then Dad and I are planning to be there Friday  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WIwoodworker

I'll be there. Not sure what day(s) yet. It would be nice to meet some more FF members.
Peterson 9" WPF

stumpy

I'm planning on being there on Friday the 5th
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Gary_C

I am planning to be there on Thursday PM and Friday. Not for sure yet, but a good chance I will be there.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

trapper

anyone going to have FF hats for sale to reconize other members
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Gary_C

Note to self:  Don't forget to wear FF hat, but no, it's not for sale.  :D :D

inspectorwoody

Natalie and I will be leaving about 4am Friday,with a brief stop in Muscoda,WI to pick up a buddy and than we will be on our way!

Should put us there around 10, give or take.
8)

beenthere

I plan on Friday morning to head to the Peterson booth, to catch up with Burlkraft...plan to be there around 9.

Hope to see the rest of you then. Will have the FF hat on and the Wisconsin Chapter FF shirt on.  :)
south central Wisconsin

jackpine

I will be there on Thursday with my Husky dealer/sawing customer. We usually go on Friday but he has other commitments on Fri. this year. I will wear my FF hat and shirt just in case other FF members are there.

Bill

Sunfield Hardwood

We're traveling thur. by ferry from Ludington Mi. to Manitewac Wis.then to Green Bay, to the show fri. and sat. then back home sat afternoon and sun thru the up eh. 8)
2 international log trucks,woodmizer LT40 Super hyd, cat 910 frontloader, case 1845 skidloader,new holland 4x4 tracter with farmi whinch, lots of stihl saws, waiting to retire so I can spend even more time logging and sawing, yip-yip-yahoo

Burlkraft

Quote from: Sunfield Hardwood on September 01, 2008, 06:05:44 PM
We're traveling thur. by ferry from Ludington Mi. to Manitewac Wis.then to Green Bay, to the show fri. and sat. then back home sat afternoon and sun thru the up eh. 8)

Now that the summer is officially over your drive across Hwy. 2 should be faster than 40 mph   ;D  ;D  ;D

beenthere

Made it to the Show yesterday, and met Stumpy, Burlkraft and Gary_C.  Didn't find jackpine (lousy day on Thursday I heard), inspectorwoody (thought for sure we couldn't miss Natalie  :) ), Corely5, and Sunfield Hardwood.

A few pics of Steve hard at work at the Peterson booth...sawing little sticks.. ;D

Watched a shaver operation (below) produce pine shavings that looked pretty efficient and straight-forward. The cyclone-type column had a blower in it to break up the longer shavings a bit. If the column were longer and had some heat, might even dry the shavings a bit.

Now, who would not know what this door was for??  But then, it was his second day from home.   ;D ;D ;D  Not quick enough with the camera to catch him walkin in that doorway.. :) :)
south central Wisconsin

Corley5

Ya didn't see me cause I wasn't there  :)  I was however in Da UP for a bit of ATVing  8) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Gary_C

Well you guys that were no-shows missed a good show. I drove all the way across Wisconsin Thursday morning in the rain and Burlkraft and I were the only two forum members there in the light rain Thursday afternoon.

Friday was a very nice day and Burlkraft and I were there when the doors opened and beenthere got there later, we were not sure why he was late.  ;D  I covered that show from the indoor exhibits to the outside exhibits in the parking lot of Lambeau Stadium and drove home Friday night in the rain again. It was the largest logging show I have seen.

One thing I learned was the insurance industry now wants to write policies again. The liability rates are now at a five year low. So it is a good time to see your agent and see if you can get a lower rate.

I was wore out from a day and a half of walking and Burlkraft was wore out from tailing all those huge hardwood slabs so we all went home Friday night. Sorry, I did not take a single picture. 

inspectorwoody

Natalie and I made it but we didn't see no one else.  :-\

I'm not a very observant person when there are forestry related things around!  :)

We made a few passes past the peterson booth but didn't notice Steve or Kent.

I was at the show back in '02 in Madison and it seemed a lot bigger than this show.

More companies had more on display than. McDonough had carriages etc. on display etc. Didn't see that too much this year.

Maybe it was just me.  :)

Mooseherder

Quote from: inspectorwoody on September 08, 2008, 09:56:42 PM
Natalie and I made it but we didn't see no one else.  :-\

I'm not a very observant person when there are forestry related things around!  :)

We made a few passes past the peterson booth but didn't notice Steve or Kent. 

Steve is semi retired and takes a lot of breaks. ;D
He was in da Bathroom when you walked by.   :D

jackpine

Gary C. Not entirely true as I was also wandering around Thursday afternoon in the rain but every time I passed the Peterson booth Burlcraft was nowhere to be found :D I agree with the long breaks theory ;D

Gary_C

Well I think Steve is kind of busy this week so I will have to defend him. You guys probably did not see him because he is so slim now that he is almost invisible.  8)

Besides he did not have much to take a break from. And he was right there when I arrived.  ;D

:D :D

stumpy

Well, I was there and Beenthere and I know the truth.  Steve is such a dedicated Peterson representative, we saw him up in Curley's Pub in the stadium.  I'm sure he was up there looking for potential customers. :D :D
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

ADAMINMO

I was there but I guess not important enough to be mentioned. :) Saw Burlcraft , Beenthere , Sunfield Hardwood, And a couple others. Great to see you all.

beenthere

ADAMINO
Yes you were there and it was good to talk to you. Good Baker exhibit too. You had some good size logs, unlike the little ones Peterson exhibit ended up with (Steve had his slabber along, but nothing to saw that was worth the trouble to set it up for a sawing demo).

And..we learned of the new arrival in your family just the week before..now we need some pics (and am sure you are working on that).  8) 8)
south central Wisconsin

beenthere

Quote from: stumpy on September 10, 2008, 09:30:39 AM
Well, I was there and Beenthere and I know the truth.  Steve is such a dedicated Peterson representative, we saw him up in Curley's Pub in the stadium.  I'm sure he was up there looking for potential customers. :D :D

Here... ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D

(Just outside Curley's Pub in Lambeau Fieldhouse)
south central Wisconsin

ADAMINMO

Workin on the pics to start that thread here shortly.

Burlkraft

Quote from: beenthere on September 06, 2008, 01:44:20 PM
Now, who would not know what this door was for??  But then, it was his second day from home.   ;D ;D ;D  Not quick enough with the camera to catch him walkin in that doorway.. :) :)

It's all here say  :o  :o  :o

Imagine somebody takin' that picture and claiming something like that   :D   :D   :D   :D

Thank You Sponsors!