iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

low temp carb adjustments

Started by 1953greg, February 11, 2005, 01:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1953greg

since colder air is more dense, at what temp does the carb need to be richened?   assuming inital settings were made around 70*.  or is 40-50* change insignificant?  thanks  1953greg
good day    greg

Kevin

The saw requires tuning when it isn't performing well, I'm not sure there's a specific temperature or altitude that even comes into play.
I just adjusted my 335 that started racing, the temps haven't changed much from when it was working fine and the fuel mixture is the same but the saw needed retuning.

spencerhenry

i bought a tach years ago, and check my saws when they dont sound right. usually my ear is correct. i set them to about 500 rpm less than the factory max spec. usually run great, except on cool damp mornings, like when it is raining and 35 or snowing wet heavy snow. then they dont like to idle, but once they are warmed up (or the air has warmed up), they run fine. my biggest adjustment problem is with altitude. at home in the log pile (8600') requires adjustment from working in town (5700'), or when i was cutting an easement at 10,800'. somedays working on the easement which started at about 8500' and went to over 11,000, i would change adjustment 2 or 3 times during the day.

Thank You Sponsors!