iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativewolf

Liking Walnut

78NHTFY

A couple of loads: dead standing WP (dry, easy to saw); dead standing Ash (mostly for cordwood, two 18" sawlogs).  Dry weather makes it easy to get in/out of my woods.  All the best, Rob.

If you have time, you win....

nativewolf

Quote from: ehp on September 15, 2020, 09:47:28 PM
what it would be like to cut timber where you can see 10 feet or more away, I can only dream . Where Im cutting I cannot see the tree never mind the painted dots on the trees at 10 ft . Ya when I get to the landing the skidder is a mass of vines all over it
Two months ago we were in the same, this is nice.   We are just a long skid path from you, always welcome here.
Vines like carbon dioxide in atmosphere so I am just resigned to more vines
Liking Walnut

Skeans1

Quote from: nativewolf on September 16, 2020, 09:39:21 AM
Quote from: Skeans1 on September 15, 2020, 09:33:09 PM
Quote from: nativewolf on September 15, 2020, 08:54:16 PM

Big multi stem poplar, 60" at base.

Feels good to be picking up some logs

We have a lovely forest.  It has been high graded in spots, still nice

This is what a fire does to a young stand, 60 years ago they had a wildfire, not too hot but many trees have this distinct ring separation always same age, no matter the tree size.

Who knows who this is?
Time to try your guy's luck up on springboards?
No way, but I will buy you a plane ticket👍
As some of the old growth cutters use to tell me it's just hardwoods chair them up.

ehp

NW, with this Covid crap going on we cannot move hardly at all here and now their talking about closing everything down again , we are allowed to travel in our own area , if outside that we have to stay inside a house for 14 days with out moving 

Bruno of NH

Quote from: 78NHTFY on September 16, 2020, 09:58:11 AM
A couple of loads: dead standing WP (dry, easy to saw); dead standing Ash (mostly for cordwood, two 18" sawlogs).  Dry weather makes it easy to get in/out of my woods.  All the best, Rob.

Looks good Rob
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

BargeMonkey

Theres a reason why the forester kept calling me back and upping it 50.00 every time. The last crew got to the end of this road, saw the marked wood and went NOPE... and they had a fancy new 745 Timberpro... picture doesnt show but its 3 rises and its vertical around that corner. 

Doesnt look steep, that's not bad but keep going and its rough. The roads and ruts here where put in with a 632E on 35.5, swallow a small skidder, my 460 had all she wanted to claw up this in reverse. 

Other than the road I come in on theres nothing here, roughly 3 miles over the hill into the next county south I will hit a dirt road. Theres a LARGE section of caves up here, only 1 local guy knows where and I went for a walk / joyride looking 😆 

I'm WAY up on the Mt, drove out to that ridge in the distance and started walking, found the old road and markers but I think I'm 1 ledge up to far. 

I'm texting this guy who knows pictures, hes laughing, telling everyone I'm out lost in the woods looking for directions, again NY is just pavement 😆 
I have made some good friends and great connections thru the FF and FB, people I would have never bumped into. When I say white birch is lucrative.... gets kiln dried and sent to NYC. He was importing it in from Estonia all bagged up but it was hit or miss. Wasnt a bad load, this stuff is smaller and off that clearcut, stuff in the woods will be better. 

Working on getting my fuel carrier right, it's against my religion to pay full price for anything, I scored on those tanks 😆  if I stay cutting wood next yr I've got to build a shop trailer and buy a camper, this forester is already feeling me out about cutting wood for them. I can go back to the boats now if I wanted to, I'm not going to work for a company running junk making southern wages. The guy with the iron I looked at wants to cut 1 more job before he sells, depending on how the election goes depends if I even dare spend money or just buy more ammo. 

Moved the iron off this one already, started another one. Hammered some beautiful wood off this place and it's only 5 acres. 
I won a first aid kit in a forestry group I'm in on FB, as a joke the woman added some alcohol and adult items into it, "safety 1st" you know 😆 not knowing ? I had it sent to the blondes house.... I carry the zip tie style tourniquet in my BOB, this ones got the fancy one with the bar and straps, I hope to never need it. 

Walnut Beast

Your not the only one. A guy that I talked about a machine that's at the factory said they are way behind and it's been years since they where this busy. He said if dealers didn't have existing orders in. They are about 3 months out. He said people are nervous about the election and making purchases now 🤔

mike_belben

QuoteI'm not going to work for a company running junk making southern wages.
Oof low blow barge.     :D   me either.  I will START a company on junk paying southern wages instead.  Call me if biden outlaws work.   ;D

Youre doing the birch thing all wrong buddy.. Youve got to run it through a sander, baggy it up by the gram, ounce, QP and pound then market in the city as an herbal remedy, cure-all coolata.   ancient indian remedy.  Herbal, all natch yadda yadda.  Oh and Kosher!
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

Quote from: mike_belben on September 17, 2020, 08:06:05 AM
Oof low blow barge.     :D   me either.  I will START a company on junk paying southern wages instead.  Call me if biden outlaws work.   ;D

Youre doing the birch thing all wrong buddy.. Youve got to run it through a sander, baggy it up by the gram, ounce, QP and pound then market in the city as an herbal remedy, cure-all coolata.   ancient indian remedy.  Herbal, all natch yadda yadda.  Oh and Kosher!
Keto and glyuton
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Quote from: mike_belben on September 17, 2020, 08:06:05 AM

Youre doing the birch thing all wrong buddy.. Youve got to run it through a sander, baggy it up by the gram, ounce, QP and pound then market in the city as an herbal remedy, cure-all coolata.   ancient indian remedy.  Herbal, all natch yadda yadda.  Oh and Kosher!
Yeah I can just imagine selling 8 balls / ounces of birch bark dust 😆😆. 

Old Greenhorn

You could always sell them this way, lots of handling but a fair markup. :D :D :D ;D

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

nativewolf

We are moving into some of the wo.  This was 1 tree to crotch, maybe 1 tie log above that 
Liking Walnut

BargeMonkey

I saved these sticks a couple weeks ago, clearing off for a septic job, I'm 99% sure it was lightning ? Ran top to bottom. Every once in a while I get someone looking for a piece for a mount. 

Move her in the morning, got wood on 2 jobs to slash. Been a good machine and be a good spare loader. Had issues with the bearings in the stick, new bearings and a pin from Barko. 

It's not a party till your bunching in the ledges with a bulldozer 😆. About 30k ft in the upper corner, wont be too bad. 

I had another competitor text me the other day, about foaming at the mouth to buy wood out of my yard, 500+ cord of well seasoned gold sitting roadside right now 😆 

Just about every night, I'm 40ld behind right now not counting my wood. 
2 words... Pro-Pac... 😆 I'm just so busy trying to find a day to break away to PA but I've got to do it, my delimber needs to die in a week or so. 

ehp

Barge when logging up north a normal year I tried to be up to 7500 bush cord in log form a head of the processors , sometimes only ran 1 processor so I could get a head of it quite easy as most days it only cut 12 bush cord but did it 6 days a week but like this time a year both would be going and most days do 2 loads each so 24 cords a day each, no way I could do that so they cut into our stock pile . Back in the day when I was dumb but strong I cut and skid and bucked up by myself just like now but had a processor right on my landing and his load was 17 1/2 bush cord , 6 of those a week and I got paid a huge $20 a bush cord to cut and skid it to the processor . Ya I sure was not getting rich . I honestly do not miss those  days 

ehp

but my wood logs are alot bigger than yours on average , the 1 processor could handle up to 36 inch diameter logs and had the splitting head to make the pieces small 

BargeMonkey

Ed I'm at the point of getting rid of my big saws because they never come out of the truck, I still see some 3ft stuff, much over that it's not there anymore, this other job I'm on if it didnt have the ledges I wouldn't cut a tree with a saw. 

ehp

Barge Im to old to be carrying those big saws so I just modded the smaller saws to cut faster than the bigger saws. Biggest saws I use now would be either the 461 or the husky 372xt , the 462 is quite abit lighter . 

barbender

I just went out and chunked up some firewood with the brand new 562, I think I like it 👍👍
Too many irons in the fire

Firewoodjoe

I'm cutting in a swamp next to a beaver dam. Not bad aspen.

Then on to the marked hardwood. Some good ones I'll get a few pics. May have to buy some longer chokers! 

Firewoodjoe

Some pulp too. Typical for aspen. But pile like that will make a happy forwarder operater. 

mike_belben

Friend sent me a screenshot just now of an iron mule for sale in brooklyn CT for $4500.. Probably off FB but i cant tell.  Would love to have one.  
Praise The Lord

Maine logger88

Looks good joe! I cut some aspen about like that last fall it sure adds up quick! So you pre bunch and cut up with your cable skidder then haul out with your forwarder? 
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: Maine logger88 on September 21, 2020, 06:43:05 PM
Looks good joe! I cut some aspen about like that last fall it sure adds up quick! So you pre bunch and cut up with your cable skidder then haul out with your forwarder?
Yeah I cut and pre bunch just enough to help dad with the forwarder. Otherwise the cable skidder is just transportation and a good "tool" for me. It works well and is cheap. We can do 15+ cord easy in decent wood in a 8 hour day. Give or take a coffee break haha. 

Thank You Sponsors!