iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my life story, and consideration of a new mill

Started by bkaimwood, May 09, 2015, 06:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Bkaimwood, have you thought about looking into a used mill?  Lots of 'em out there, some with real low hours.  And with a little leg work you might find the right mill at the right price.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

bkaimwood

Yeah nomad...still considering...referrals already appreciated... Most guys are looking for a few grand below msrp...and I'm not havin'  that!!! Also looking for an used enclosed trailer, but guys are asking more than what a new one is for a 10 year old trailer...prices have come down in 10 years guys, get a grip!!! But the thing that gets me, is they r selling them? Does no one do any research anymore? The new lt15 wide has my eye, but with limited hydraulics... Funny how that will handle more than a lt35 hydro by far...struggling with the happy medium...someone had commented in another thread about who would want to saw a 36" diameter log anyway, and how do u turn them? Me...and a 36" log turns with surprisingly little effort with a can't hook on a properly level surface...I cut lots of slabs, and frankly, don't want to be bothered with anything under 16-18 inch...big heavy logs don't move and require little to no clamping...just tool em on and start sawing... But I'm sure my opinion would change with a modern hydraulic mill I desire...thanks again Nomad.
bk

MAI

Welcome to the FF. 
As you can read, the members are always helpful.  Keep asking.  If I may be of any help please let me know.

Thank You Sponsors!