iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lombard "Comango"

Started by tyb525, May 04, 2010, 09:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

You wouldn't burn the danged thing up if the carb was adjusted right even if you ran it at 10 to one .Might need a gas mask though .

Where in the world did this idea come from any way ????

Oh my ,you know I'm 62 years old and have ran a jag of saws with gas to oil ratios ranging from 16 to 1 to 50 to 1 and as of yet I've never managed to burn up  a saw .Maybe I'm doing something wrong all this time . :D---or there area lot of people out there that don't know beans from apple butter about tuning a carb ---

JohnG28

Well I would say not burning up any saws is a good thing.  As to all the debate, I doubt that anyone is going to kill their saw because of the fuel/oil ratio, unless someone decides to run 75:1 or 100:1.  Id say that there are a lot more things that an inexperienced or unknowledgable user will do to kill a saw before too much oil does.  We dont need to argue over what any specific person does with their equipment, they can do as they like.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Rocky_J

My neighbor can kill anything with a two cycle motor in 6 months or less. He refuses to believe me when I tell him to just use one can of mix gas for all his two cycle stuff. He has 7 different mix cans with dozens of little bottles of various brands of mix oil. The cans sit outside under an overhang but exposed to the humidity and all the gas is stale. He doesn't know which can is for which piece of equipment. Half the time when he can't get something to run, I can fix it by dumping the gas and refilling it out of my can.

JohnG28

I cant imagine any gas left outside down there would be fresh long at all, up here either for that matter.  Humidity, dew, rain, all that good stuff that does wonders to kill an engine.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Thank You Sponsors!