iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

grits

Started by thecfarm, December 30, 2017, 07:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Oh it's a great night for you guys to have some grits. Ayup you guys need some grits.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on December 30, 2017, 07:29:30 PM
Oh it's a great night for yoozguys guys ta have some smoked sucker. Ayup yoozguys guys need some smoked sucker.  :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You're killing me Ray!!!!!!!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I woulda hate for yoozguys guys ta miss out a great night ta cook up some smoked sucker. yoozguys guys don't want ta go hungry down there in smoked sucker land. Better go to the grits store to pick up more grits. This grits night will not last forever.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

It's some cold weather out there this winter. I can imagine you are bring in an extra armload of firewood for the night.  thecfarm is probably using his preferred peavey to pry his loose from the snow.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

yoozguys guys can bring in da smoked sucker,eh? I will bring in anudder armful of wood. I just knows dat yoozguys guys are not bringing in any smoked sucker with temps in da -10 range.
The Kittery Border is safe tonight.

Magicman

Shoulda used Gritz!!!   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff on December 30, 2017, 07:40:29 PM
It's some cold wedder out there dis good sleddin season. I can imagine yoozguys are bring in an extra armload of smoked suckers for da night.  thecfarm is probably using dat yooper's preferred large frozen whitefish ta pry dat yooper's loose from da snow.

Quoted for posterity.  :D :D

coxy

Quote from: Jeff on December 30, 2017, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: Magicman on December 30, 2017, 07:42:30 PM
Shoulda used pickled herring!!!

I HATE THOSE! ;)
x2  I was just thinking about grits haven't heard that word in a while  :D

WV Sawmiller

I couldn't take it any more and had to look up Yoopers. My life will never be the same. Its a pretty terrifying discovery.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Terrifying?
From the knowledge base

Yooper Night. What is a Yooper?

It's easy to understand that many wouldn't know what was happening on "yooper night." A "Yooper" is a locally common name for someone native to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. To start with many around the world, or even in the U.S. don't know that Michigan has a Upper Peninsula. To those who wonder, check out a map of Michigan. The Upper Peninsula is commonly shortened to "UP". A person whose born there is referred to as a "UPer" or  in time more commonly as a "Yooper." The folks in the UP are wonderful people, but they have developed a way of talking that is different that in some other parts of the US, or even in Michigan for that matter.

This comes from the fact that the UP is rich in copper , iron, and wood, and these materials were heavily mined in the 19th and 20th centuries.  Folks from all over the world went there to work in the mines and take advantage of the opportunities for a new life. There were Finns, Italians, Cornish, Germans, Pols, and many others. These folks upon arrival in the UP tended to live in communities of their own nationality. There was naturally some competition among the ethnic groups as to who were the best miners, or best whatever. Over time there have been changes, the mining industry is nearly gone, the woods industry has taken many of the former miners or their descendents. As you might imagine there has been considerable mixing and intermarrage amongst these groups. The UP is extremely rich in outdoor activities and is relatively unpopulated--maybe 400,000 souls, and it is a destination for many hunters, campers, skiiers, snowmobilers, fishermen, nature watchers, etc.

Their language is a little clipped, they talk fast, and portions of all these ethnic groups have crept into their vernacular. They're a proud people, those Yoopers, and proud they should be.  The custon of adding "eh?" to the end of sentences is common. That's something that many Canadians do as well.  "The" is frequently shortened to "da", and "for" comes our "fur", and many other localisms. And it sort of feeds on itself.

My kids are both Yoopers, although I am not. I was born in Lower Michigan. The UP has a bit of a slowed pace, while the Lower Peninsula, particularly the southern part of the LP is fast paced and sort of frantic. As you can imagine, there is a little competition between the peninsulas. Da yoopers make fun of "da trolls" (those who live below the Mackinaw Bridge), and the trolls make a little fun of the yoopers.  It's all in good taste.

Well with that background, Jeff, da Boss, made the forum software automatically insert a ",eh?" where it might not have been originally inserted by the forum posters.  It was all in good fun.  Some of us, close to the scene got it right away, while some took longer to figure it out, and some didn't figure it out at all, and understandably so. I thought it was great fun. We Michiganders were poking a little fun at ourselves, and many others were happy to help. As you know our beloved Chet is a Yooper, and one of the proudest. And a nicer or more talented guy you'll never find.

Hope this helps a little.  Don't feel left out.

Norm (da Troll)

loggah

I remember one time when i was driving on rt2 across the upper peninsula  there was a logging competition going on ,i heard abou it on the radio,and one of the contests was a chainsaw throwing compeition !!!! ;D only in the UP ! ;D ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

coxy

thanks jeff for da little read   :)    I figured it out last night some what  just to let everyone know don't be afraid to brake my chops cause I'm not afraid to brake yours like my wife would say you cant hurt his feelings cause he don't have any  :D

btulloh

The FF is a wealth of information.  You never know what you might learn on here.
HM126

btulloh

There's been a lot of discussion about grits, but nobody's mentioned hominy.  Just be sure to cook the hominy in the pan you just cooked the bacon in. 

I wonder if thecfarm has the same level of hostility for hominy.  ??
HM126

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now Ray....I've tried to make you understand but you're just too hard headed.  :snowball:

But Grits is spelled with a CAPITAL G.

I understand you don't eat grits touch them or purchase them.

But please respect our southern delicacy my using a CAPITAL G when
referring to our food.

grits.  musteat_1

Have a Happy New Year.
Goat

Jeff

How come you didn't?  Ya really shouldn't tell him to do one thing and you go off and do anudder. ;)

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

Yep. That's pretty terrifying. Haven't been that scared since I did one of those DNA tests and it came back 40% Neanderthal, 30% Sasquatch and 30% unknown. :D

Have a safe and Happy new Year and get those Blackeyed peas out for tomorrow's meal.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 31, 2017, 02:57:13 PM
How come you didn't?  Ya really shouldn't tell him to do one thing and you go off and do anudder. ;)

:o............ :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:

Somebody is messing with my modification button!  :D :D :D :D
I will launch a full scale investigation.  8)
I've been Hacked!
Virus infested!
Old Server!
I need HELP!

Jeff

I see no capital in your Grits to clarify

GAB

Do I need to make another call to a southern member?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

coxy

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 31, 2017, 04:26:34 PM
Quote from: Jeff on December 31, 2017, 02:57:13 PM

:o............ :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:

Somebody is messing with my modification button!  :D :D :D :D
I will launch a full scale investigation.  8)
I've been Hacked!
Virus infested!
Old Server!
I need HELP!
I don't think we can help with the help that you need  :D :D :-X :-X

isawlogs

Capital in   Grits   Is this big enough,  ;D    :new_year:
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

Food,the 3 main food group,bread,meat and cheese, No room for grits.
Please takes notes. Class is over.
There will be a test tomorrow.

tree-farmer

GRITS, we are talking about Girls Raised In The South are we not?
Don't matter, I like both kinds, gals and stone ground kind.. :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Thank You Sponsors!