iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hydraulic chain saw motor

Started by lumpy, January 24, 2009, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

Hello to all does anyone know where I can purchase a hydraulic chainsaw motor?  I would like to make a cut-off type saw similar to the ones on firewood processors. Thanks in advance
To bad we can't teach common sense!!

beenthere

lumpy
Welcome to the Forum

Have you looked at Surplus Center?

http://www.surpluscenter.com/

They have been a good company to do business with for me...for many years. Get new there, mostly. Good prices. Lot of hydraulics.

There are a lot of decisions to make when picking a motor, and possibly the easiest would be to find out what one is that is presently being used on a chainsaw.  Maybe locate a processor to learn what the sizes are.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lumpy

well were getting close to what i'm looking for. 
To bad we can't teach common sense!!

DKinWA

I was looking for the same thing last year and no one mentioned this company when I asked around.  It's hard to believe they are only 30 minutes from here and I have driven by the place many times :-[

woodsrunner

I just googled hydraulic chainsaw and that was what popped up first. ;)

DKinWA

I guess I should google first and ask questions later :D

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thanks for the link Beenthere and woodsrunner  ive got got em on my favs now ;) im liking the prices even with the conversion gonna build my own Hyd feedworks for the meadows and edger  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) also check out www.morganchopsaws.com they have a good one you might be able to just buy the parts you need from them as a kit mate  ;) ;D

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!