iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo CS-7310P or Stihl MS 400 CM

Started by mrselfreliance, December 28, 2021, 03:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrselfreliance

DanG, I thought I was decided on the Stihl for my new chainsaw..... but now I see I can get the Echo for about the same price with a 5 year warranty.  

What would you do?  PLan on running a 20 inch bar.  Use will be for fire wood and some Fir for the sawmill.  Spend a lot of time junking, so I think a 67 or 70cc saw will speed up the process.  Coming from a Stihl MS 261 CM

Bruno of NH

7310 I will never buy any other modern chainsaw but an Echo or Shindaiwa 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

btulloh

The practical solution would be to buy bofum.   ;)
HM126

gspren

See if you can run both, totally ignore price and buy the one that feels best. What feels right to you may not be what feels right to me or anyone else.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

ladylake

Besides the new price how much is it going to cost fix the Stihl, most likely expensive.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

mrselfreliance

Well here's a twist..... Didn't really like the responses I was getting from a certain dealer.... great experience from a different dealer.... ended up getting a Husky 550 XP mark 2 with a bunch of goodies at a decent price....

So yea... not what I started out looking for but I'm happy!  Now if I can just sneek away from work and go cut some trees!

PoginyHill

Personally I don't put too much stock in warranties. it has never driven a purchase decision for me. They are rarely used and often they make it difficult to use citing miss-use or something else. If you have a good dealer, I think they'd make whatever problem you might have right regardless of warranty.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

livemusic

Quote from: mrselfreliance on December 29, 2021, 01:10:55 PM
Well here's a twist..... Didn't really like the responses I was getting from a certain dealer.... great experience from a different dealer.... ended up getting a Husky 550 XP mark 2 with a bunch of goodies at a decent price....

So yea... not what I started out looking for but I'm happy!  Now if I can just sneek away from work and go cut some trees!
I would love to hire that Husky dealer salesman for selling you the same size saw you have. Which is ok. But if I had only two saws, I would rather have a larger saw to compliment your 261. For me, the ms400. I just bought one and it rocks. And trust me, it is WAY stronger than a 261. As it should be since it's a larger saw. I have not tried the Echo.
~~~
Bill

mrselfreliance

@livemusic Yea, If my stihl dealer had that 400 in stock I would of pulled the trigger.  But he said it would be a month to get one in....   And I can't go that long without a chainsaw.

On the plus side, my buddy might be selling me his 441cm .  I know it's heavy, but I would use it for Junking only.

Thank You Sponsors!