iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pats/Bronco's Game

Started by Roger2561, November 25, 2013, 01:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger2561

Anyone catch the Pat's/Bronco's game yesterday?  Talk about the tale of 2 teams!  In the first half, the Pat's couldn't hang onto the ball (fumbles) and the Bronco's couldn't miss.  The second half, the Bronco's couldn't hold onto the ball and Pat's couldn't miss.  The analogy a friend of mine used was the Ali - Fraser bout. 
Roger

JohnM

I nearly turned it off at the half, glad I didn't.  :-[ ;D  Anyone is welcome to have Manning (either of them ::)) on their team, I'll stick with Brady.  There is no 'controversy' as to who is the better quarterback in my book! :)  That said, since no one is allowed to play defense anymore all these big numbers don't really mean much. ::)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Roger2561

Good point about not being allowed to play defense anymore.  They're babying the Q-Backs too much. 

But, the telltale sign that a Q-backs arm is getting tired is by the spiral or rather the lack thereof.  When Manning tried to throw into the wind, the ball wobbled a lot and it would, most of the time be off target.  But, watching Brady's tosses they were perfect spirals that hit their intended target even throwing into the wind.   
Roger

drobertson

Not a Pat's fan, but appreciate a good Q-back,  and he is a better bet than Manning, facts speak for themselves.
I am a Bronco fan, and in turn, glad I went to bed,  saw it coming,  much like an early rise,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

JJ

I think first half the cold caught the pat's by surprise  ::)
If not dressed appropriate, the cold will fog performance, and cause shut down.
My guess, Pats make critical clothing adjustments, and much warmer/comfortable playing second half.
Coach Belichick and Brady are AWESOME!!

JJ

JohnM

Quote from: Roger2561 on November 25, 2013, 07:32:59 PM
They're babying the Q-Backs too much.
It's not just the QBs, can't touch the receivers either.  Before OR after the catch!

drobertson, I lived out in Boulder, CO from '97 - 2000, right in the thick of the Broncos run.  I HATED the Broncos! :( ;) :D  Growing up in Maine you're a de facto Pats fan (most are anyway I think) but for whatever reason from a young age the Cowboys were my team.  My loathing of the Broncos (and Elway!) came mostly from their clashes. ;D   My love of the Cowboys has faded dramatically once Jimmy Johnson was gone, Jerry's head grew to the size of the state fair winning pumpkin and Romo...don't get me started on Romo. ::)

End Rant.  ;D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Warbird

I can't stand the Patriots after they've been caught cheating.  Twice now, right?  Until they replace the coach and the QB, I won't follow them.

Roger2561

Quote from: Warbird on November 25, 2013, 11:32:03 PM
I can't stand the Patriots after they've been caught cheating.  Twice now, right?  Until they replace the coach and the QB, I won't follow them.

I remember the video/audio taping incident (clearly a violation of NFL rules) but what's the 2nd one?  I follow football closely and I don't remember a second incident of cheating.

Thanks, Roger 

Roger

jd2007

Yea I don't remember a second cheating incident by the Patriots either.

Heck of a game though, just glad my Panthers were able to pull it out against the Pats the game before!
Stihl 029S/039, MS280, MS250
Craftsman 4218

Thank You Sponsors!