iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Traverse City Ice Princess

Started by Jeff, June 13, 2006, 01:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenRice

I grew up in a little town called Lakeview.  Know where that is at?
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

Jeff

Yup, my Sister lives in Weidman, and we used to do a bit of fishing at six lakes. Not too far east of Lakeview
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

StephenRice

Quote from: Jeff on September 06, 2010, 03:56:01 PM
Yup, my Sister lives in Weidman, and we used to do a bit of fishing at six lakes. Not too far east of Lakeview

6 miles east, to be exact.  My grandparents lived there and that is where I deer hunted most of time.  My grandparents are now both gone, but my uncles still live there.  One still is on the 20 acres that my grandparents had, and the younger one recently purchased 10 acres right down the road in the same block with just a couple of parcels between them.  I miss that land a lot.  Killed my first buck there on opening day of '85.  Got 3rd place in the local contest with that big bodied deer too.

There are a LOT of deer between there and you.
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

Faron

Great video, Jeff!  I had a heeler years ago who loved to fetch bucket lids.  My brother was taking care of things while I was gone. He thought the lid would float, and tossed it into the pond.  It sank, and Blue dived after it.  He was gone long enough my brother began to think he had drowned my dog.  He said when he resurfaced with the lid, the dog blew water 3 feet in the air out of his nose. :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Jeff

Icey In Da Poseys

You people wouldn't be able to stand me if I had grandkids. ;)

isawlogs

Might be that your grand kids would get eye burns from the flash going off to often , aimed at them  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Icey is almost 5 years old now and actually showing some signs of slowing down. This morning she's just lounging in one of the computer chairs, the only chairs she is allowed in, watching Tammy make breakfast. :)

Norm

I'll bet she can move fast if Tammy drops a piece of bacon on the floor!

Jeff

Roxie

Five years!  That doesn't seem possible.   :)
Say when

Jeff

Yep, I know, seems like only a couple years.  She was born in December of 2005 and we got her in June when she was about 6 months old.

asy

Wow, that IS amazing, I remember when you first got her!

Mind you, I just worked out that Oliver is going to be 4 in February, which is scary, too...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

logwalker

Wifey an I just watched Nova's Dogs Decoded on PBS. What a great epsode with lots of new and compelling research about our relationship with Our Best friends. Here is the link to the online website for higher bandwidth surfers.

http://video.pbs.org/searchForm/?q=dogs

The Murder Of Crows episode is another fascinating show

http://video.pbs.org/video/1621910826/

Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Jeff

pigman

Surely that is not a recent picture, unless you moved south, way south.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

It just feels WRONG around here today.  Icey had started to limp off and on the last couple weeks, this last weekend she went to only walking on 3 legs, carrying her right front. I got her into the vet this morning, and after she nipped at the vets face for trying to prod her foot, (I warned him her lip was curling)  he decided he needed to keep her and sedate her so he could figure out what is going on.  The only time she has ever been away from home with out Tammy or I was when she was a pup and got fixed. When I am home, she is always right here near me.  It just don't feel right not having her here. I hope they call to come get her today, but they said it might be over night. :-\

Texas Ranger

pits for a family member to leave home, our dog is an inherited grand dog that I turned down for a month.  Now I look forward to seeing him in the evening, and really don't like leaving him when we travel.

Soft in my old age.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

They said I can come and get her at 3:00. No answer to what is wrong. They are going to give her pain meds and antibiotics to try.   :-\

SwampDonkey

Sounds like joint trouble possibly. Hope she recovers soon.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doctorb

It would be a wierd time of year for her to get it, but did they test her for Lyme's disease?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

Pretty sure its something to do with her paw. The foot is a bit swollen, and they said the pads are warmer then they should be. I think there could actually be a small bit of glass in it from somewhere.  The vet said that was very possible, and it would either work out, or abscess.  All I know is that it cost $163 today to give her a nap, shave her paw, and send me home with 12 antibiotic pills and 12 pain killers.   She came out of the vet walking normally, but she was still groggy. Now that she is back home, shes limping again.

Pretty sure they didn't doc, or they would have said.

Roxie

I hope it isn't psychosomatic!! 
Say when

doctorb

In my next life, I am gonna be a vet!  

Things are different in Canada.  My dog Buzz comes north with us every summer.  Loves the lake.  He's a stupid lovable stereotypical yellow lab.  One afternoon he came back with a face full of quills.  Nothing to do but take him to the vet.

Drove 30 miles.  Saw us right away.  Anesthetized Buzz.  Shaved his face.  Pulled out the porcupine quills.  Gave us some topical stuff for the wounds.  Bill: $68.00 (Canadian).  Back to the cabin.  Total time: 2 hours, 45 minutes.  Got back in time for the evening fish.   Unbelievable.

Jeff.  You know they didn't test for Lymes becasue you weren't billed for it!   Probablity of Lymes this time of year, given the pics of your place you sent me, is about nil.  Hope Icey feels better.

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Burlkraft

Maybe it's her gallbladder  :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Gary_C

Quote from: doctorb on January 17, 2011, 06:02:50 PM
In my next life, I am gonna be a vet!  

Are you longing to get bit by one of your patients?  :D

Or do a house call and surgery for $125?

And have to catch and hog tie your patient first.

And give a "dead cow discount" if it does not work?   :)

And the most fun is the rectal palpation and learning to not stand directly behind a cow when they cough.

Course most of that is large animal practice, small animal practice is already very overcrowded.

Oh, and no nurses!  :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!