iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A matched set??

Started by woodsteach, January 27, 2010, 09:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsteach

I found these 2 antlers 2 days apart and about 150 yards apart.  The second was in my folks front yard about 25 feet from the house.

They sure look close to a matched set to me :)

woodsteach
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

I don't know, better get a DNA test to see..... ::) ::)

;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

Yup!  I'd say they are a match!

We don't seem to find many sheds around here!
Too many critters carry them off!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Congratulations on a trophy find..... smiley_clapping
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ely

what kind of dog does your folks have.?

Burlkraft

Quote from: ely on January 28, 2010, 02:03:13 PM
what kind of dog does your folks have.?

???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

I think they are related but not a match.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodsteach

As far as the dog she is a german wired hair pointer, but we found the antler in the yard b/f she was let out for the morning. :)

yeh, Jeff they are close but hard to tell...I need to post some pix of the back side of the antlers ...later

woods

Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Magicman

It could go either way.  I've seen/killed many deer that didn't have "matched" sets..... :D   Including this one.  He was 5 points and heavier on the right side.  It's probably genetics, but most all of our deer are "right side" heavy.  BTW, this one is 21 3/4" inside.

If you had found his sheds, you would have said that they came from two different deer.  Yup, that's him there on the left.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodsteach

Nice buck Magic 8) 8)

woods

Magicman

I got this 10 point buck in the exact same spot a year later.  He's matched.... :)

SwampDonkey

Yes, those are a couple of nice mounts. I'm heading up tomorrow to the moose yards, I call them, and will probably find a shed if the snow is shallow. Found one the last time frozen in ice. Posted on the forum, musta been 2006 when we had no snow.  I found 2 moose sheds this past summer, one my neighboring coworker found on his strip and placed it in the safety trail for me to find I guess. I don't collect them here, no use for'm.

Woodsteach do you collect antlers? Most here get eaten by hare, squirrel and porcupine real quick.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

~Ron

woodsteach

SD, Usually every year the girls and I go searching for sheds.  Most are usually small 3 and 4 pointers.

We raise grassfed/finshed beef so have been improving our grasses with clovers and other legumes.  So what is good for the beeves is good for the deer and antler growth is exploding!

The rodents hit the sheds quick here as well but just Tuesday the girls and I found a single small 5 pointer!

woods

Thank You Sponsors!