iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Source for rebuilt/aftermarket feed rollers

Started by Northern Timber Harvesting, March 07, 2013, 08:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Timber Harvesting

Hi, anyone know of places to get rebuilt or aftermarket feed rollers. I know I've seen ads for them before, but can't find them now that I need them. I have a Quadco 5660.

hu5qvarna395xp

Theres a guy down here that doesim pretty sure.. he was at Lyons equipmentfor long time before they closed an opened his own shop up I can get u a number if u would like
Jd an franklin skidders,husqvarna saws,prentice loaders an mack trucks that's how we roll!!!

snowstorm

. i used my mig welder and built them up. may have to grind to shape them like the should be

furltech

you can purchase replacment teeth and weld them on yourself

1270d

We had a local machine shop cut new teeth and i welded them on.  One third the cost of buying teeth from john deere.   I think deere wanted 3 bucks a tooth.

There is a company called balmec that makes replacement rollers for many heads.

Also forestryequipmentsales.com has an ad for new and rebuilt rollers

Thanks much, I think I'm going to weld on new spikes. Forestry equipment sales ad is for re-surfacing rubber rollers, if anyone has a need for those.

1270d

Really?  Did you call em?   I was just going off the ad photo showing steel feed rollers.  Couldnt find any info other than the small banner ad with phone number

Quote from: 1270d on March 09, 2013, 04:58:01 PM
Really?  Did you call em?   I was just going off the ad photo showing steel feed rollers.  Couldnt find any info other than the small banner ad with phone number
yeah I called, they send them to someone else who re-surfaces, and re-chains them. I saw the picture in the ad of steel rollers and thought the same.

barbender

I helped a buddy rebuild his, we cut new teeth from cold rolled steel on my little metal cutting bandsaw and mig welded them on, still going strong 2 years later.
Too many irons in the fire

snowstorm

iam sure everybody knows this. before welding unplug the computer and the mcc module on the head and disconect the batteries

Tree Killer

I know where there is a set of new feed wheels & sprockets for a fabtec/prentice 4 roller. they werent sure what they were till we told um. pm me & i wil try to get u in touch with the rite guy. im sure he will give u a deal.

Quote from: snowstorm on March 10, 2013, 11:16:42 AM
iam sure everybody knows this. before welding unplug the computer and the mcc module on the head and disconect the batteries
Yes very important. I think in this case I will take the rollers off and do the welding the shop.

Thank You Sponsors!