iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

blockbuster elevators

Started by OH logger, October 29, 2015, 08:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

thanks 4X4 that's what I was thinkin. just closer with the pipes but the same concept. thanks ;) I think 500 600 bucks would cover it  right?
john

4x4American

Yup similar concept a little different design.  Depends how cheap you can salvage the steel...looks like these boys made some use of the railroad track that borders the property lol
Boy, back in my day..

TeaW

Those are rock grizzly's

This is my wood grizzly the way it was last year and with some improvements this year.
TeaW

OH logger

thanks that's exacly what I  had in mind ;). what is your angle of slope?? is that about right or too steep or not steep enough?? just wonderin
john

4x4American

Ahh that's it!  Couldn't remember the name for the life of me.  The best part about them is that once they get too big gaps in them you can just put some boards/shingles down close in all around and use them for a tornado bunker  ;D
Boy, back in my day..

TeaW

It is about 42 degree slope , 1 inch square tube @ 4 inch centres . It works well at taking out dirt and gravel and some of the chips and bark. The sides and front door was a big improvement , not so many sticks to pick up. The tray under it catches the junk and a few sticks that fall through and makes it easier to clean up. I can pick it up and move it were I want it with the loader.
To use one to load directly into a truck you would really need the right set up, a hill or hole or a ramp ,because of the height you would need.
TeaW

NWP

Have you gotten your new elevator yet?
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

OH logger

it will be done MONDAY ;D! lookin forward to getting it and usin it. dave sure has been nice to deal with even though they are about a month behind. or maybe that's why hes been so nice  :o. not  big deal since I didn't need it till now anyways
john

OH logger

Quote from: TeaW on November 14, 2015, 07:21:49 AM
It is about 42 degree slope , 1 inch square tube @ 4 inch centres . It works well at taking out dirt and gravel and some of the chips and bark. The sides and front door was a big improvement , not so many sticks to pick up. The tray under it catches the junk and a few sticks that fall through and makes it easier to clean up. I can pick it up and move it were I want it with the loader.
To use one to load directly into a truck you would really need the right set up, a hill or hole or a ramp ,because of the height you would need.
thanks for the info. sorry about no reply but I haven't seen this post for a long time and never saw the response so thanks again. that info will be helpful if I build one this summer. sure looks cheaper than a $25,000 cleaner or tumbler ;)
john

OH logger

ive never really looked at their processors close but as good of guys as they are and as long as they have been building them I have to believe their processors are pretty good. in my opinion ALL processors have pros and cons but you have to look seriously at customer service AFTER the sale. that's where the companys really differ. I don't own a processor but if I ever buy one this will be a big factor for me.  i'll have to check out their processors when we go out to pick up the conveyor.
john

OH logger

finally got to use the conveyor. we are running It off the hydraulic powerpack I bought with the conveyor. man does it ever run slow. I mean real slow. not a big deal but the elevator is full from top to bottom ;D which is ok cause it seems to handle the load fine and don't kick out the relief valve and it will last longer the slower it runs. we hooked it on our farm tractor to see if it would speed up and it did. I think if we hooked it up to the processor it would speed up but I kinda thinks its not necessary. if it was tryin to keep up with a $100,000  4 cord per hour machine it would be a different story ;D. sure is nice splittin wood all day and NOT climbin to the top of the wood pile to fix a chain, unplug the bale elevator, put the chain back on the sprockets, etc, etc. 8)
john

NWP

Mine runs slow on the power pack too as well as when I run it from the processor. My old blockbuster conveyor that came with the processor runs noticeably faster. They told me when I got mine all I'd need to do is change the size of the sprocket on the motor to a bigger size and it would run faster.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

OH logger

that's what I was thinkin on the sprockets too but I will use it this way as long as im getting by. its a nice tool though
john

Thank You Sponsors!