iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An observation

Started by Frickman, September 08, 2016, 03:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tree-farmer

On a lighter note, the talk about farmers reminded me of a favorite story. A old farmer hit the lottery, when asked what e would do with his winnings, he replied, "probably keep farming till the money runs out"  :D

Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Den Socling

That was a good one, tree-farmer.  :D

Sixacresand

Tree Farmer,  I borrowed that one and put it on facebook. Thanks
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

glassman_48

We have a lot of potato farmers in my part of Michigan, the money it costs a day to run their irrigation systems in astonishing.  Our guys around here work really hard, are good honest people and when they buy a new pickup, they seem to keep them until they go to the scrapper.  I work on a lot of their old farm trucks putting glass in them, some of them still have stuff on the road from the 60's and 70's.  I get a large sack of potatoes every Christmas from 2 of the biggest potato farmers in our area.  My employees all get a small sackful and they taste extra good to me because I got them as a gift.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: tree-farmer on September 17, 2016, 04:11:11 PM
On a lighter note, the talk about farmers reminded me of a favorite story. A old farmer hit the lottery, when asked what e would do with his winnings, he replied, "probably keep farming till the money runs out"  :D

This would be my Dad.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

NavyRet98

Gonna leave the city put my troubles behind
People in the city goin' out of their minds
Goin' to the country just to feel like gold
People in the country really let themselves go...

Thank God, I'm a country boy.
Never met a long-leaf pine I didn't like.

Czech_Made

Well, thats the way the news people look at blue collars and farmers. 80% of news people are on the left as political orientation and they despise working class, simple as that.

Quote from: Frickman on September 08, 2016, 03:38:32 PM
Through the years I have noticed something about the urban media and how it portrays rural people, especially the more hardscrabble of us. It nearly always tries to include whatever livestock is around into every picture it shoots, whether it is a still photograph or video. The intent of this is to try to say "look how poor, backward, and uneducated these people are, they own chickens, goats, cattle, whatever". Now where I come from livestock are wealth, so the more goats or cows a family owns, the wealthier they are. And they aren't hungry either. Anyone else notice this bias?

Den Socling

Oh! Czech_Made you are making me bite my tongue or fingers in this case.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Den Socling on September 24, 2016, 08:57:53 PM
Oh! Czech_Made you are making me bite my tongue or fingers in this case.

That's an entertaining mental picture!  :o
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Carson-saws

Okrafarmer...entertaining to say the least...I figured hip high boots and white smoke comin out his ears.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Delawhere Jack

Folks with chickens, sheep, goats, pigs or sometimes even cattle are my favorite people to to work for. Especially if they throw in some pasture fed eggs as a tip. ;)

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on October 05, 2016, 07:49:01 PM
Folks with chickens, sheep, goats, pigs or sometimes even cattle are my favorite people to to work for. Especially if they throw in some pasture fed eggs as a tip. ;)

Yep, there are chickens, goats, pigs, a donkey, a cow, and a peahen where I work.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Czech_Made

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on October 05, 2016, 07:49:01 PM

Except pigs and cow we had it all plus a horse.  Not bad for city slicker  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!