iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Zama carbs

Started by bandmiller2, February 14, 2013, 07:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Those DanGed zama carbs why do they make so many different kits,I'am in a holding pattern waiting for one now.That company needs a stooge slap. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

mmartone

I needed one of them a while ago and  it wasnt much more $ to buy a carb!
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

bandmiller2

Forgot to ask are they considered a good carb or just so so. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

Yes indeedy you have to model specific with Zama or else it just plain will not work .My least favorite brand but they do work .

Just Google it .You can find the correct rebuild kits with the exception of a few like for Mini Macs .On that if there is a demand someone will make them given enough time.

Fact a few years back it was next to impossible to find rebuild kits for the model of Bing used on Stihl 038 Mags .Now they can be found easily .

T Welsh

I had an issue a couple of years ago, a friend gave me a 2 stroke power drill that the primer bulb was gone,he asked if I could rebuild the carb for him. I ended up buying the carb,because the kit was unavailable >:(, I think it was $55.00. I had to chase down a distributor in my area and call them to order it. This is Zama.s web site. It may help you.http://www.zamacarb.com/overview.html. Tim

Thank You Sponsors!