iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw mill scrap

Started by nlrwrangler, July 18, 2011, 09:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nlrwrangler

looking at buying a power unit and the guy is going to throw in the mill.  Now the mill is in pieces.  the track is rail road iron and is broken and bent.  The carriage is mostly there.  It has three head blocks I believe but only one dog and I have not seen the blade yet.  I would like to scrap the Rail road track but the local recyclers want a bill of sale or decommissioning papers from the rail road co that they track came from.  This mill has not run in 10 years and the owner is dead and he bought it from "someone."   Has anyone dealt with this or have any suggestions?

Here are a couple of pictures.  Any suggestions.   

Buck

Scrappers are crazy....You can tell its old and been out of use a long time.  I could sell it quicker than I could load it around here.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

LeeB

No help here, but I would like to kwow how someone managed to get that kink in the rail.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

nlrwrangler

LeeB

Nice to know / meet another transplanted Texan.  Always love crossing the Red River back to the Promised land. 

ely

i would chop that iron up and mix it in with more prepared steel. if i was selling it. but then again they don't care what we sell down here.

shelbycharger400

personally, too bad you werent closer to here, id pick that rail track from you,   

put an ad on craigslist for the iron beams, give dimensions, and cut out the bent section.         i wish i could find some of that stuff, 2 pieces around 28-35 ft long   ;D

Don_Papenburg

Chop into 4to 5 foot sections , take to the scrap yard .
Then send me one of them knees , it looks like a Frick and I could use one more.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

dovetails

I would like to scrap the Rail road track but the local recyclers want a bill of sale or decommissioning papers from the rail road co that they track came from. 

Thats because it is illegal to have "any" railroad stuff! Years ago they made it illegal to sell anything from the railroad,because people were stealing it off the tracks.Even the spikes are a no-no.  I know back in 1980 we had a sheet that showed all the smaller stuff people would pick up to sell for scrap,so we could recoginize them if brought in to the scrap yard.We were to call a phone # to have RR come get them.Yes I know their is lots of it around,but it "is" all illegal unless you have a release from the RR for it.
1984 wm lt30,ford 3000 w/frt lift,several chain saws, 1953 model 30 Vermeer stump grinder,full wood working shop, log home in the woods what more ya need?

bandmiller2

Chase,does this mean you have two mills ? thats a good thing as you can mix and match to get one complete mill.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

shelbycharger400

i know that i can go down to 2nd street in minneapolis and buy it from the scrap yards..

pyrocasto

You would have no problem scrapping it on this side of North Carolina. Maybe call a couple different scrap yards?

paul case

those railrad rails would make a neat dead deck for your mill. dont get too hasty to  haul it off, you may wish you had it back. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!