iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beautiful Day in da U.P.

Started by Jeff, June 25, 2013, 11:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'm up to the cabin doing chores. Even though I'm not doing anything most people would consider play, only work, I'm enjoying my brief stay. Working on equipment, mowing and brush hoggin, and a bit of driving around in the evening. I have to get back in the morning. :)

The wild iris picture below is a good one, but not sure it was worth the 30 some ticks that jumped on me while down in the ditch taking the picture.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

Nice pictures and I love that old tractor. Ain't it a little tough having to pack up and leave all that beauty? smiley_sun
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

thecfarm

Was that Lou? Looks like an old Ford,'53-'54,somewhere's around there. Looks like the one I grew up around.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Yup, it was also good to see Uncle Lou up and about.

Looks like everything is blooming and growing.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

QuoteLooks like an old Ford,'53-'54,somewhere's around there

+1   Has the Cyclops medallion on the hood and is overhead valve engine.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doctorb

Your trillium can't still be in bloom :o
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

Nope, no trilium in any of those photos, but some other interesting specimens. :)

sandhills

First off, give me that and nobody would ever see or hear from me again (I knew that would make you all happy  ;D) and secondly might I ask what you carry in the milk crate on the bush hog?  Great pictures too, that's one outhouse that might actually smell good inside :D!

Jeff

Some odds and end tools or water or whatever. The crate is bolted on :) Much easier than trying to put stuff on the tractor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Your place looks like a place where companies would be fighting to film a commercial there.
Everything's blooming.

Post Card purdy!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ET

Youve got a real pretty country side there  i also Had a tick climbing on the kitchen doorway this morning. I was in the woods working last night and must have brought that bad boy inside. Everything is beautiful this time of year till it quits raining. I was hoping tick season was over.
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

John_Haylow

Nice pictures Jeff. Is that a Rino brush cutter you have behind the Ford? I have the LT6 Rino and really like it.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Thank You Sponsors!